PDA

View Full Version : How bad does a Political Party have to screw up before...

soutthpaw
Tue, April 28th, 2009, 01:40 PM
a 29 year Senate Republican decides to jump ship to the Democratic Party:woot:
We are not talking a junior senator here but one of most senior members of the senate and champion of the Republican agenda.... God I love this:smiley_roll1:
Limbaugh and the other Ultra Right are going to have a field day with this... However I have to make a point that so many republicans are missing... Limbaugh is NOT in political office.. He is a media personality and gets paid to be controversial!! Talk is cheap and there is a big difference to talk smack and actually do something about the problems. As for any Joe the Plumber or other average American that thinks Rush is in touch with your personal situation and needs, you must have missed the article in Parade magazine showing Rush made $38 MILLION last year... He has no idea what it is to live paycheck to paycheck.. not be able to get healthcare for yourself or your family, Being unemployed or any of the other issues confronting so many people today :evillol:

If there was a big STIRRING THE POT smiley it would be posted here

Jackpine
Tue, April 28th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Pretty amazing, isn't it? I can just see the reaction from most of the ultra-right wing nuts that live in the Springs area over this. :hehe: Every time I went up there to visit my Mother, she'd have "talk radio" on and, of course she subscribed to the local paper (Rocky Mountain News?). I thought I'd been transported to another planet.

Good old Rush. He DOES get paid pretty well for stirring the pot, doesn't he?

Wonder how you or I could get a job like that?

- Jack

soutthpaw
Tue, April 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
It would be funny if when he retires, he comes out and says he is a Left winger and didn't believe anything he said on his show but Hey it made me $38 million a year so why the HeII not.. :smiley_roll1:

ChuckD
Tue, April 28th, 2009, 03:36 PM
29 years is too long to be in the Senate. Term limits need to be set. Pretty much every other office has them.

Jackpine
Tue, April 28th, 2009, 05:26 PM
You may be right on this Chuck, but Arlen Specter always struck me as one of the "good ones". I was stationed in Pennsylvania for three years and liked him then. I've liked his stance on the problems in the Justice Department and other matters relating to legal issues.

His switch will give the Democrats enormous power. This is a time when they can show leadership and make some changes for the better.

- Jack

88Racing
Tue, April 28th, 2009, 06:02 PM
It's only for the "good" of his constituants!:whistle1:
Yah right, time to hop on the democratic wagon. They have the power! They are organized! Time to get off the sinking elephant!

Rush? He's just worried that talk radio is going to be cencered!

Just what I see and hear!

Lars:smiley_roll1:

Jackpine
Tue, April 28th, 2009, 07:57 PM
It's only for the "good" of his constituants!:whistle1:
Yah right, time to hop on the democratic wagon. They have the power! They are organized! Time to get off the sinking elephant!

Rush? He's just worried that talk radio is going to be cencered!

Just what I see and hear!

Lars:smiley_roll1:

If true, this has got to be the FIRST time in the history of the party that they are "organized". Mostly, they tend to self-destruct from in-fighting with each other. :shrug:

They have a chance, let's see what they do with it.

- Jack

soutthpaw
Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
Digging up an old thread rather than starting anew. It is really bothering me that many news organizations and political reporters are repeatedly saying that the republicans are going to vote against the health care reform in an effort to deliver a crushing blow to the democratic president... what bothers me is that these politicians are not acting in the interest of their constituents and doing what is best for the country and the people they represent. Instead they are playing the politics as usual... So instead of making an honest bipartisan effort or at least a good effort to craft a health care bill that benefits millions of Americans, they are gonna try and kill it for political gain... Health care is a right not a privilege.... Health care saves, improves and prolongs LIFE. A healthy life is directly related to a happier one, SOOOOO... does this ring any bells???????
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
Health care is a right guaranteed to all Americans by the Declaration of Independence...
Therefore, (using Republican Logic); to oppose legislation that would provide health care to all Americans is downright UN-American.. Certainly it goes against the values our Founding Fathers intended:soapbox::soapbox:

Also how can the party that claims to be the champion of small business oppose legislation that would solve about 60% of small business bankruptcies??? (about 60% are a result of health related causes)

Hypocrisy is definitely my Pet Peeve... wherever that thread is hiding...

88Racing
Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 11:11 PM
That health care bill brings up many a debate.
Especially the things that they are trying to hide within it.
Part of the bill may shut the doors on 20% of the nations nursing homes due to the restructuring of payouts that they receive from Uncle Sam.
All coming at a time when the Baby Boomers going to start to need the use of them.
I want a new party! Sick and tired of the shiesters on both sides of the fence!

soutthpaw
Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 07:18 AM
That health care bill brings up many a debate.
Especially the things that they are trying to hide within it.
Part of the bill may shut the doors on 20% of the nations nursing homes due to the restructuring of payouts that they receive from Uncle Sam.
All coming at a time when the Baby Boomers going to start to need the use of them.
I want a new party! Sick and tired of the shiesters on both sides of the fence!
I think it was Thomas Jefferson or G Washington that actually spoke out against forming political parties.... I am registered independant. I was even registered reform party years ago just cuz i loved Ross Perot's idea of breaking up the 2 party domination. if we had 3 major parties then they would have to work together to get anything done.. then Karma would definitely play a big role . That or nothing would get done with 3 parties. not much different than now....:doh: trouble with government they just keep jaming in more and more BS to F up the bills. Look at the Stimulus and rescue bills. they started out at 17 pages or something and ended up bewing like 1000....

we are also like the only country with the republican right. most other countries far right is like our moderate Left

ChuckD
Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
What gets me here in AZ is that you have to register to vote as a certain party. Then in the preliminarys you have to vote in that party even though you make like the views of a person in a different party. I want to vote for who I want to vote for and not have limitations on me.

Jackpine
Fri, December 4th, 2009, 07:41 PM
You could always do what I do, if I have to vote for a party candidate and I happen to like the other party's candidate. I simply vote for the "weakest" candidate in the party I happen to be registered for. That way, I feel I'm weakening the leader in the party I'm registered in, which should help, in some small way, the person I really like.

I also don't have a problem getting bumper stickers that say "Party Members for Joe", Where "Party Members" read ""Republicans" or "Democrats" and "Joe" reads the candidate I really like.

But, I agree, it would be nice to be able to vote for whoever you like in the primaries, without having to become an "Independent".

- Jack

88Racing
Fri, December 4th, 2009, 10:21 PM
What gets me here in AZ is that you have to register to vote as a certain party. Then in the preliminarys you have to vote in that party even though you make like the views of a person in a different party. I want to vote for who I want to vote for and not have limitations on me.

The same thing happens in SD too.

BlackSTX
Sun, December 6th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Yes, in some states you have to vote in the primary of your registered party; in some you can vote in the primary of even the opposing party. I guess there's good and bad to it. One complaint I have heard is that those representing the opposing party will show up at the primary and vote for the least likely to win opponent. Good or bad.... there's flaws in every system.

As far as what's been happening lately. I'm sad to say that the politicians are flushing your children and grand-childrens future down the toilet. People seemed to make a big deal out of the debt Bush was leaving, but Obama has more than tripled the debt and there seems to be little outrage over it. Besides, the entire debt is not Bush's fault, don't forget, Congress has their hands in the "cookie jar" known as your pockets just as deeply, if not more so. People were flipping out over the Patriot Act and claiming it was an invasion on their privacy, yet I hear little about the government getting access to all your person medical information or access to your bank account; which to me is more of an invasion of privacy than a random phone conversation being listened to. Besides, if you were alarmed about your phone conversations being intercepted, you probably don't have a cordless phone.

As far as this health care proposal.... What is currently being discussed is a pile of steaming dog poop! It is ultimately going to destroy the best health care system in the world and drive up the cost of coverage for everyone. Also how many of you know that the actual cost of this plan is going to skyrocket after the ten year projection the government estimates for? That's why they propose billing has us almost immediately, but nobody receiving any benefits for several years; all to pass the administrations "promise" of not increasing the debt.... which is only another lie. Do you also know that medicare declines more treatment for their "customers" than private insurance companies? Do you think this is going to improve with the government trying to cover more people and yet still reduce costs?
My second cousin is a medical professional and researcher who has testified before Congress many times about health care, and he is opposed to government involvement for too many reasons to get into explaining here. Simply put, one incident he cited with outside involvement of a patients care would have cost his patient his life, within 24 hours, had he not stepped in to object. However, this does not mean that there is no means for providing affordable or virtually free coverage for every "American."
States who have already enacted tort reform have already significantly reduced the cost to their citizens for health insurance (some over 50%), yet this isn't even a consideration of this health care bill; in fact, there's a provision to discourage tort reform in this current bill.

You think care is going to improve too? Dream on! Just look to the treatment many of our veterans have gotten at the VA. If it weren't for the VA, my ex-brother-in-law would probably still be alive today. He kept going there for chest pain and they kept telling him it was gas. He died several weeks late from a massive heart attack.
A fellow coworkers father kept complaining of pain in his leg. They kept telling him nothing was wrong, then placed him in the psych ward for it. Turned out he had bone cancer in his leg and when it was detected at another hospital they had to question how the VA who claimed to have done the same test couldn't see it.

Lastly, I recently talked with a customer from Canada who had undergone a similar spinal surgery to me. He is now having further symptoms and is waiting to see his doctor for a consultation. His wait just to see his doctor is 15 months! I had seen my surgeon, had tests, further consultation with my regular doctor and chiropractor, surgery, and was already back to work in far less time than this.
Additionally, he priced having the surgery performed in the U.S., like many Canadians near the border do, and it would have cost him $40k. In Canada, if he were legally able to pay for the procedure, it would have cost him $65k. So were is this big cost savings that is supposed to come about with the government running the system? Look at Mass. government run system, it's costing an arm and leg too!

There's other ideas out there to cover people, yet the controlling party won't even discuss alternatives, it's got to be complete government control or nothing! In the end, we're all going to lose, and this plan isn't even going to cover all those without insurance; but it will jeopardize the coverage of everyone else's coverage.
This plan isn't about providing coverage for those without it, it's about ultimately forcing everyone into a government run system. Don't think so, search out the videos of Obama proclaiming he's for a single-payer government run system.

Well, I've expressed my thoughts.....

soutthpaw
Sun, December 6th, 2009, 11:01 AM
You cannot judge a system based on a few individual cases. there is no shortage of similar stories here is the USA. Plenty who have died because they could not afford or insurance company refused or delayed payment or approval for a treatment... we do not have the best health care in the world by any means.. I go back to my original statement Health care is a right not a privilege.... Yes its gonna cost money to insure about 47+million Americans without health insurance, But it come down to what you feel is worth funding...