PDA

View Full Version : Golf

ChuckD
Tue, April 28th, 2009, 08:34 PM
anybody here play. I just started a few months ago and think I have come along real well. I think that its helped my range of motion on my back. I am pretty happy that that I am hitting 300 plus on my drives. I still got some work with my irons but I am finding that I am enjoying the game. I would play everyday of the week if I could.

phatbak
Wed, April 29th, 2009, 06:27 AM
I enjoy hitting the driving range, a buddy & I are going to hit the links in a few months. I talked to a guy that owns one of the pro shops, and he likes using hybrid clubs. He said they hit the ball higher and softer, making it not roll as far on approach shots.

ChuckD
Wed, April 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I have been pondering them, I played last week with a guy that had them and he could drive it farther with his hybrid than with the regular driver.

JWBFX4
Wed, April 29th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Well I use to play a whole lot back when I was a member of a club, but then dues got so outragious and bogus fees each month,so I decided to get out. But even all the courses around here has done got high, but I honestly don't have time for golf anymore...its gets in the way of my other passions: hunting and fishing.

But glad you are enjoying your new sport :thumbs up yellow:

88Racing
Wed, April 29th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Only 2 or 3 times a year. Green fees have gotten so high around here too. So if I do anything its the driving range. Still putting the 1960 ram clubs to use, they were my grandfather's.
Hybrids, graphite? My putter still has the wood shaft but I put on a balanced head.
Lots of luck Chuck! Have fun!
Oh yah! I always let the hotties play through, like to watch them swing!

Lars

phatbak
Wed, April 29th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I always let the hotties play through, like to watch them swing!

Lars

my favorite LPGA golfer... http://www.nataliegulbis.com/ :drool2:

88Racing
Wed, April 29th, 2009, 03:22 PM

No phatback! I wouldn't let her play through. She could be my caddy though!
Hahahaha
JK

Lars

johnnyd
Thu, April 30th, 2009, 06:58 PM

A big X2 on that one :thumbs up yellow:

I play, 11 handicap. Love the game, most of the time:crazy:

Dixie Design
Tue, May 5th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I play maybe a couple times a month these days. Gave up the club membership when we bought our house, and like JWB hunt and fish. I went to college on a scholarship and played pro for a year. My game's no where near where it was, but a bad day of golf beats a good day of work any time!

bossman15
Thu, February 25th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Yep I'm about a 3 handicap when I'm practicing around high school golf season and number one on the varsity...winter=hunting, fishing, crappy course conditions, and alot of school work so no golf then. love the game though

majek5
Thu, February 25th, 2010, 06:16 PM
When it comes to golf I am completely "handicaped":hehe::hehe: