PDA

View Full Version : Blowing Smoke Never Felt SO Good

soutthpaw
Fri, May 1st, 2009, 12:00 PM
Well I was in Denver yesterday and they have these stupid mobile Emissions testing vans that setup on the freeway on ramp and rapid screen tailpipe emissions.... Then take a pic and send you a notice if you are a Gross Polluter...

Well you can see where this is going:seesaw: I flipped over to Smoke Show as I was getting on the freeway and :turbosmoke::turbosmoke::turbosmoke: I could see in my mirror was a huge trail of blackness :smiley_roll1::smiley_roll1:
Prpbably choked the guy out of his van heh!
Oh and they don't issue citations they offer you money to pay for repairs to your vehicle emissions systems...

Jackpine
Fri, May 1st, 2009, 12:32 PM
You're baaaad! :hehe:

- Jack

88Racing
Fri, May 1st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Cool!

I'll call you when I need my yard fogged for mosquitoes this summer!
JK

That's pretty cool just flip a switch and it changes the program. Not like us gassers.

cleatus12r
Fri, May 1st, 2009, 12:34 PM
DJ,

There is a reason for the eco-nazi terrorists that think these things (and the extra fuel consumption they require) are a good idea. :cursin:

http://image.musclemustangfastfords.com/f/8873141/mmfs_070025_16_z+2008_ford_super_duty_pickup_truck +particulate_filter.jpg

Don't give them any more ammunition than they already have. :2thumbs:

soutthpaw
Fri, May 1st, 2009, 01:01 PM
I am all for protecting the environment, but I agree with Cody about the stupid mandates like the DPF that do more harm than good... give it a few years and they will decide Urea is toxic for the environment...
As for the DPF... I tried to explain to the idiots at the EPA booth at the auto show how stupid the idea is... instead of letting the ash fall to the ground and probably enrich the soil... we are going to dump raw fuel into the exhaust so it can burn in the exhaust and produce more pollutants while producing no benefit for the vehicle. then it will vaporize the soot so it can rise up and pollute the atmosphere while reducing vehicle fuel efficiency and power... :notallthere:

Besides the fact that modern diesels already produce less pollution and provide better fuel economy than their gasoline counterparts.

cleatus12r
Fri, May 1st, 2009, 01:05 PM
It revolves around the almighty dollar.

None of these greenpeace morons that hold any position in the EPA give a darn about the environment. It's the same reason that the C.A.R.B. will grant a certification number to anything (or anyone) that shows them enough money.