PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Mag article.

soutthpaw
Wed, May 6th, 2009, 11:27 PM
well looks like You Know Who go his own article on live tuning in DieselPower Magazine this month...http://www.dieselpowermag.com/towing/0905dp_live_tuning_7_3l_power_stroke_sessions/index.html
Hopefully we will see a PHP live tuning article in the future... too bad they didn't list contact for other popular Tuners :shrug: Maybe I need to send them a letter or hit up their forums....
Oh and as for Karma... It will happen.. There is a guy in Pueblo about half an hour from me that is getting a 7.3 Ex too. I already offered to help him look it over and now he is sold on a Phoenix/ FU chip instead of a DP chip after he asked me about the pros and cons of each... Also I said I would be happy to do some tuning with him ( free of course as a hobby/learning) thing for me... :2thumbs:

Jackpine
Wed, May 6th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I suspect after a few "windowing" experiences, the Decidedly Poor Tuners will have to crawl away somewhere and really learn how to do their thing. Looking at one of the maps that came out of that shop, I sure wouldn't want a tune from them on anything I own.

- Jack

soutthpaw
Thu, May 7th, 2009, 12:10 AM
I suspect after a few "windowing" experiences, the Decidedly Poor Tuners will have to crawl away somewhere and really learn how to do their thing. Looking at one of the maps that came out of that shop, I sure wouldn't want a tune from them on anything I own.

- Jack

Did ya read my last comment in the Altitude tuning thread? I pretty much duplicated that wierd Map you are talking about doing a select all, copy and then paste... It altered the original map when I pasted to the new map.... So it may be a software hiccup somewhere. So if one did not double check the maps before putting them on a tune It would be possible to send out said map to a customer...

88Racing
Thu, May 7th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Nice propaganda piece DJ. Hopefully they would be able to do a write up on Bill too!

soutthpaw
Thu, May 7th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I was actually surprised that they did an article on custom tuning at all just because when you open the magazine there is half a dozen or more pages of Banks advertising as well as the other big national sellers... They were careful not to say that custom tuning will run circles around any of off the shelf stuff they sell in their magazine.... They did not compare it to any standard tuning devices actually......

Corey Cohron RIP
Thu, May 7th, 2009, 09:57 AM
We knew about the article before it even came out -- the magazine called Bill with tuning questions. Ironic, no? :hehe: