PDA

View Full Version : HOW MANY?

88Racing
Sat, May 16th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Wow!

Just read the saturday paper and seen the cuts for dodge and gm dealerships.
GM=1100 gone
Dodge=800 gone
Not imediate closings but will take effect over the next year.

Lars:nonod:

soutthpaw
Sat, May 16th, 2009, 10:58 AM
That's only about half of the dealerships GM is planning to close...

Jackpine
Sat, May 16th, 2009, 09:01 PM
What's more troubling, to me at least, is that "bankruptcy" has allowed GM and Chrysler to do this, which trims their cost structure. And that makes them more financially "efficient".

Guess what? Ford can't close any dealerships, so, even in this horrible economy, they have to support a corporate structure that has to be causing huge losses.

Understand, please, I'm NOT for putting people out of work. It just seems unfair to me, somehow, that a company that has more accurately foreseen the future and has taken steps to work properly in that future should now be penalized by laws designed to help companies in trouble.

I guess the moral is, "Don't be TOO successful!"

- Jack

BlackSTX
Wed, May 27th, 2009, 06:53 PM
You said it Jack. I know here in western NY Ford has been working to get rid of some of the dealerships. In the past 2-3 years 4 dealerships just in Erie county have closed. On the bright side of things for these dealers is that they at least got "bought out" so they weren't left penniless for all their years in business. Sadly, many of these dealers now closing are just getting "bent over" the parts counter.

wrtaz
Thu, May 28th, 2009, 09:38 PM
On the flip side they'll be more Ford dealerships around than the others which may eliminate some competition. You just never know how this will all play out.