PDA

View Full Version : Sioux Falls Rib Fest

88Racing
Fri, May 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM
5/29/09
Oh boy was that ever a good meal last night!
Yummy!

The local H.O.G. Chapter sponsers this every year and its something for the boy and I to look forward to. It begins with a ride in to the event and yes you have to ride in to take part in the deal. For $17 a person you get all you can eat cole slaw, beans, potatoe wedges, free pop, and 8 ribs from 8 different vendors and of course they had the not so free barley pop or cocktails. Kind of a taste competion thrown in there also. But once everyone has gone through the line and sat down, seconds are fair game. The boy made 3rds out of it! He ate 17 ribs! Little 12 year old must be saving up for a growth spurt. I could only eat 11. He was ear to ear rib sauce but he did good not one drop on his clothes.
He said to me as we were leaving " don't forget to buy tickets for this next year too. because I want to go again!"

Lars

cleatus12r
Fri, May 29th, 2009, 01:26 PM
That's a REAL meal there.
This might be just my thinking here, but I'm going to die happy, not heathy.

mmmmm. ribs.

ChuckD
Fri, May 29th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I am waiting for them to have a ride like that here. My boys tell me they have hollow legs.

88Racing
Fri, May 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I am waiting for them to have a ride like that here. My boys tell me they have hollow legs.

Hey Chuck my bike was actually cleaned up for the ride but on the way home it got all bugged up. To bad HD can't design a bug/dust/dirt free bike. I think they would have the market cornered then.

Pretty cool last night 160 some bikes in the parade/weekly ride. We were up front with the owners of J+L HD and their kids. Everyone up front was on some sort of a "glide/bagger". Whether street, road, or electra. The street glides ruled up front with over 20 of them or they were converts. Drueled over a 09 flhx street glide it had a sweet flame job with some gold inlay designs and the gold carried over into the accessories to compliment the whole "look".

Lars

ChuckD
Fri, May 29th, 2009, 11:58 PM
There is some guys here that has insane money in their bikes. We did the Hears to Heros ride last year and had 3500 bikes. From start to finish at 40 mph it to 20 minutes for all bikes to past 1 point.