PDA

View Full Version : Down for a while

ChuckD
Sat, June 13th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Well I was moving my fridge into our new house. Coming through the front door I gave the dolly a little extra tug for the wheels to roll up onto the sill. My feet slipped, I landed on my butt with my lower left leg still verticle. The fridge 25 cu. ft. heavy mofo landed on top of my knee. Its swollen to the size of my thigh. I can't walk on it and sleeping was a real pain last night.:cursin:

average-joe
Sat, June 13th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Put your feet up, pop some pain meds and take it easy!

BlackSTX
Sat, June 13th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Keep some ice on it too, it will help reduce the swelling and allow it to be a little looser too.

Jackpine
Sat, June 13th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Well hell! You survive the war and then become a casualty of enemy refrigerators!

Try to take it easy and keep the ice on the knee, Brother. Ibuprofen is good for reducing inflammation too.

- Jack

ChuckD
Sat, June 13th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Well hell! You survive the war and then become a casualty of enemy refrigerators!

Try to take it easy and keep the ice on the knee, Brother. Ibuprofen is good for reducing inflammation too.

- Jack

It was just a freak thing I guess. I cant't take Ibuprofen due to my kidney disease. I didn't even go to the ER cause I knew that I would have to do everything again when I go to the ACE clinic on Monday.

88Racing
Mon, June 15th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Take it easy!

Hope you are doing better!

Lars

ChuckD
Mon, June 15th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Went to the doc this morning. Got to stay off of it for 10 days and let the swelling go down. Then go back in to get scheduled for a MRI to see if they got to go in.:sigh:

BlackSTX
Mon, June 15th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Hopefully the ten days will be enough. Would suck to be laid up any long if you have stuff that needs to be done.

ChuckD
Mon, June 15th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Hopefully the ten days will be enough. Would suck to be laid up any long if you have stuff that needs to be done.

We are right in the middle of moving. My wife said I did it to get out of the work:notallthere:

BlackSTX
Mon, June 15th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I know you mentioned moving in your original post. I'm sure there is still much to do as well. Hopefully the work isn't piling up for you.
Yeah, some women like to think we inflict pain upon ourselves just to avoid a little work.... I don't know about that. I had spinal surgery a couple winters ago and a month later was still out against advise from my doctor showing my wife how to use the snowblower. I still had to do it all by myself several times later on.

ChuckD
Thu, June 25th, 2009, 06:30 PM
The doc says I got a torn LCL and miniscus damage. He is hoping that it isn't real bad and can heal on its own with me taking it easy and some physical therapy. If I don't make a good progress in a couple more weeks then they will do an MRI. Joy Joy Fun Fun.

Corey Cohron RIP
Thu, June 25th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Oh, Chuck! I've been in physical therapy for my knee before but nothing as serious as your sounds. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Diesel Rookie
Thu, June 25th, 2009, 11:55 PM
That is no fun. I myself have torn the mcl acl and meniscus. Done the acl and meniscus twice.

Good thing about lcl and meniscus is they usually don't need surgury. Take it easy though from my experience you will pay for pushing it. Lots of ice and elevation. If you can keep the internal swelling down you will be way more comfortable.

88Racing
Thu, June 25th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I hope that you take it easy!
I hope that your friends and family come to help you move!
Most of all I hope you don't have anything else go!

Good luck!
Gods speed!

Thoughts and prayers sent.

Lars

ChuckD
Fri, June 26th, 2009, 03:59 PM
The move is done. I have partial use of my man cave. I am slowly getting ready for SLC. The wife still gripes at me sometimes for just laying in bed :shrug: so I ask her to let me drop a fridge on her knee and she shuts up. I have been working on my resume also so all is not lost. Thanks everyone.

ChuckD
Sun, June 28th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Well to my surprise, today it has felt really well. Still some swelling but I got alot more movement. I would say I am about 80% which I think is pretty good. I am gonna restart my evening walks tomorrow.