PDA

View Full Version : New Car for My Little Girl

88Racing
Thu, June 25th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Looking at a PromoKart for my little girl and stepson. The bank in town here recently repo'd 15 of them. They are asking $1200 ea. When I get time I wll upload a picture of the one I like.

Lars

Corey Cohron RIP
Thu, June 25th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Cool! I wanna see pictures!

88Racing
Thu, June 25th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Here's a link of what they look like.
http://www.gokartworks.com/nascar_go_karts.htm

I think my starting offer is going to be $500.

Lars

Corey Cohron RIP
Thu, June 25th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Suh-weet! They're awesome looking! Let us know how it works out.

88Racing
Thu, June 25th, 2009, 05:34 PM
If I do get one. I will be calling for a tuner and a couple of php sticker(35hp ea). So that little briggs 6 horse will be pushing 100hp! HEHEHE
LOL's

Lars

88Racing
Fri, June 26th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Bank's lowering themselves a little.
Now down to $1000.

Lars

Jackpine
Fri, June 26th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Those things are not cheap, are they? How long do you think your kids would fit inside one? And, where would they run it? Those things don't exactly look like an off-road quad or trike and I know you're not going to put them on the highway.

- Jack

88Racing
Fri, June 26th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Jack

The one I am looking at has adjustable pedals from youth to adult.

Where to run them?
Got permission from some land owners whose parking lots sit idle on the weekends.

Heavens no! Not the highway!

Lars

BlackSTX
Fri, June 26th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Either way, for the kids or yourself, they look like you could have some fun with them.

ChuckD
Fri, June 26th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Those are cool.

88Racing
Mon, June 29th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Well between mom and I we decided no car. The deciding factors were hassel, temptation, and insurance.

Hassel=loading and unloading, taking it to a place where it could be driven.

Temptation=the 12 year old. He wrecked his pocket rocket this weekend. Thank goodness the idiot didn't get hurt. He wasn't wearing a helmet. Just a few scrapes. He also scraped up my rider 5 years ago and my other motor cycle 6 years ago. So no he wasn't getting his chance at this. BTW told him he could fix his bike himself. "You wreck it, you fix it!".
Insurance=would not cover the kids. The home owner's would but the other one didn't. Termed "adult novalty toy".

I called up the guy on sunday to tell him not interested but before I could tell him he said he sold all of them to a group of shriners up by the twin cities.
The big guy in the sky works in mysterious ways, doesn't he?

Lars