PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Orders

Circuit
Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
I am about to order a Gryphon for my '04 4.6 soon once I get the money together and was wondering if anyone here ordered one from Canada. I live in south-western Ontario and am curious about the customs fees, taxes and shipping fees. Just don't want any surprises when I it arrives at my door.

Thanks.

Jackpine
Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
There's really several of your countrymen who have Gryphons. Corey ships to you via USPS, I think and there are, sometimes, delays in customs. I don't know that anyone has had bad surprises in customs fees.

It would be good if one of our other members "up North" chimed in on this, and they probably will. I just didn't want you to feel neglected. :)

- Jack

average-joe
Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
I post stuff oversea's all the time and it's pure luck if your packet gets flagged ,inspected and taxed.
In the last 7 years only one of my packets/boxes have been flagged and taxed.

Northern Supercrew
Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Welcome Circuit.....I:happy-dancing: my gryphon. I can't remember how much it all came to with duty and shipping etc, but i think it was around the 490.00 Can mark. This was everything including 3 tunes and the exchange. I had mine on my old 05 f150 and now run it on my stock 08, just had to get a couple of new tunes. I'm sure you'll love it.

Circuit
Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 10:48 PM
Sounds good.

I was curious if they would add gst, pst and brokerage fees that would make the price over what I would pay locally for an Edge. I was quoted $525+taxes for an Edge but really want a Gryphon since I do plan on some mods once I own the thing. (I am never leasing again...)

Thanks for the quick replies.

08F150
Sat, July 4th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Sounds good.

I was curious if they would add gst, pst and brokerage fees that would make the price over what I would pay locally for an Edge. I was quoted $525+taxes for an Edge but really want a Gryphon since I do plan on some mods once I own the thing. (I am never leasing again...)

Thanks for the quick replies.

If you planning on doing mods get the Gryphon. I originaly got an Edge and now I got Bill to upgrade it to a Gryphon with custom tunes.

88Racing
Sat, July 4th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Do the gryphon!

Lars

Circuit
Thu, July 23rd, 2009, 07:12 AM
Ordered this morning with 87 perf and 93 perf customs.

I was going to order in the next 4 weeks but the birthday sale prompted me to act now. :cheesy smile:

Looks like my timing is good for custom tunes too since they are just getting caught up.

Happy birthday Corey and I am sure I will enjoy my present. :evillol:

So now the waiting begins... :whistle1:

Circuit
Sat, July 25th, 2009, 04:14 PM
It has been over 2 days since I sent the email and form. Is it normal to not get some kind of confirmation of them receiving the order at least?

I only ask because I am kind of nervious about having my credit card number out there in a pdf and just would like some kind of assurance that it went to the right place.:shrug:

Corey Cohron RIP
Sat, July 25th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Yes, I have your order! Normally, it's not an issue since orders are processed within 24 hours. This week, we've been out of the office quite a bit since our daughter is visiting, and I have 8 new orders to actually get into the system. :puter:

Circuit
Sun, July 26th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the confirmation. I feel much better now. :thumbs up yellow:

Circuit
Thu, July 30th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Ordered last Thrusday, invoiced Monday, and got the tracking info today. I will keep looking in my mailbox for the card to tell me to pick it up... unfortunately I work so many hours that I can only make it to the post office on Saturday mornings. :cursin: banker's hours...

I am sure it will be worth the wait!

Circuit
Thu, August 6th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Arrived today :cheesy smile: but it's at the post office.:twitch: I will pick it up tomorrow. It cost me another $64. I will elaborate tomorrow once I have the invoice but I assume it's Ontario sales tax and GST.

I just thought I would update my thread so if any other Canadians want to order they will know what to expect.

Mailed last Friday, accepted (according to USPS) Monday so that is 4 days from Georgia to SW Ontario. Not bad. :2thumbs:

Corey Cohron RIP
Fri, August 7th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Are you serious?!? That's worse than using UPS, which is about $85 with all the added crap they charge at the border. Wow. Sorry it cost you that much. Is every province taxed differently? There's got to be a better way.

Circuit
Fri, August 7th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Are you serious?!? That's worse than using UPS, which is about $85 with all the added crap they charge at the border. Wow. Sorry it cost you that much. Is every province taxed differently? There's got to be a better way.

I was not complaining. We pay taxes so we don't have to pull out the credit card to go to the hospital and various other things like that. :D

Every provice is just like every state for you. Each has it's own tax rate except Alberta which is so rich in oil that they have no sales tax. Well not yet anyway.

It will always depend on which province it is sent to. As I said above, I will break it down better when I have the actual receipt from customs.

There is no need to be sorry. It's not like you charged me extra. In fact I got the sale price which ended up essencially making the exchange rate nothing. :thumbs up yellow:

Now...how to convice work that I need to leave early enough to get to the post office before it closes today. :evillol:

Off to work...

Corey Cohron RIP
Fri, August 7th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Wow! What a wonderfully positive attitude! I just feel bad that it costs our Canadian friends so much in shipping.

Circuit
Fri, August 7th, 2009, 05:20 PM
It was as I suspected. It was GST (Federal tax) and PST (Provicial tax) that was the $64 based on $426 CDN calculated using the current exchange rate for $399 USD. Still not bad. No import or duty fees.

If we don't pay the government their share they get cranky.

What a wonderfully positive attitude!
Must be the Canadian comming out in me eh! :D

I made it to the post office with 10 minutes to spare. :happy-dancing: Just unpacked it so now it's time to get all the pre-install stuff done and play! :evillol:

Added: 0-60 : 9.12 seconds in a 3000 lbs truck on level 2... I am :cheesy smile:

Power Hungry
Sat, August 8th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Added: 0-60 : 9.12 seconds in a 3000 lbs truck on level 2... I am :cheesy smile:

3000 Lbs? Is that in Canadian Lbs? :shrug:

I ask because in the US those trucks are 5200 to 5700 Lbs. :hehe: :whistle1:

Circuit
Sat, August 8th, 2009, 09:50 PM
3000 Lbs? Is that in Canadian Lbs? :shrug:

I ask because in the US those trucks are 5200 to 5700 Lbs. :hehe: :whistle1:

:yikes2:

I have never had my truck on a scale yet so was going on what I thought someone posted somewhere that that was the weight. :shrug:

That is over 2.5 tons so now I am really impressed. :cheesy smile:

BTW... I have a problem now trying not to spin the tires when I take off! :smiley_roll1:

I also bought the pipe today so I will break out the power sander to do the Gott's mod tomorrow morning. :redspotdance:

04FX4
Fri, August 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I am in Kelowna B.C.Took about 4 days and NO extra costs.

Circuit
Sat, August 15th, 2009, 05:33 AM
I am in Kelowna B.C.Took about 4 days and NO extra costs.

I wonder why they would charge me taxes and not you? Must be that I live in a so called "have province" so they figure I must be rich and need to give more money to the government. :giggle:

Still not complaining. I still can't seem to wipe this silly smile off my face every time I get to drive my truck. :cheesy smile:

Power Hungry
Sat, August 15th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Just so everyone is aware, we are negotiating with a couple companies in Canada to distribute for us. This would make things a zillion times easier for our Canadian customers as they will have much less of a problem with both ordering and support.

As soon as we get details ironed out, we'll let everyone know. :D

Circuit
Sat, August 15th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Just so everyone is aware, we are negotiating with a couple companies in Canada to distribute for us. This would make things a zillion times easier for our Canadian customers as they will have much less of a problem with both ordering and support.

As soon as we get details ironed out, we'll let everyone know. :D

Oh sure... NOW you do that... :twitch:

I looked around my area and priced out an Edge Evolution and they are in the ball park of $525 CND plus tax (approx. $590 total) . In the end I paid around $570 CND TOTAL for the Gryphon and that includes two custom tunes, ODBII port cover, and all the other extras we get from PHP. (such as truely interactive support) :thumbs up yellow:

I have to say that I really had no problems what so ever with ordering and receiving mine in the mail the way it is now. Having to pay the taxes at the boarder... well... taxes are a way of life up here in Canada so it was no surprise.

As for support. I did my research before orderng. There is so much information out there through this and other forums. I knew what I was getting and I knew how to use it and read through people's problems and solutions before I even had it in my hands. I downloaded the manual from your site before I ordered. I had the client installed when I ordered. I am the type of person who likes to know how and why it works. I am a bit OCD when it comes to technology... :notallthere:

My truck is experiencing it's new life as a sports truck. :3gears:

My whole experience has been :2thumbs:

Once I get my custom tunes I am sure I'll need a third thumb to put up somehow. :cheesy smile:

Power Hungry
Sat, August 15th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Once I get my custom tunes I am sure I'll need a third thumb to put up somehow. :cheesy smile:

Just so long as you don't mistake a different third finger. :yikes2::rofl:

Glad to heat that we're not to bad on pricing for Canadians. Honestly, we're looking for ways to make it a little cheaper for you guys. If we can pick up a distributor or two in Canada and it helps reduce the end user's costs, then everyone wins. :2thumbs:

Don't play too hard this weekend.