PDA

View Full Version : Devils Tower, Wyoming

88Racing
Fri, July 17th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Leaving on the bike in 2 hours. Plan to be back on sunday night. Have fun on the forum!

Lars

I'll report back on how it went.

cj3511
Fri, July 17th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Enjoy WYO!:whistle1:

Jim

Jackpine
Sat, July 18th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Wave at the "Mother Ship", if you see it. :)

- Jack

Corey Cohron RIP
Sat, July 18th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Say hi to Elvis! (And be careful!)

88Racing
Sun, July 19th, 2009, 11:51 PM
We got out there Friday night to Lead, SD. To our rented house(base camp). Got going Saturday am to the tower. Wow beautiful country out there kinda had forgotten about how pretty it is. Been about 13 years since I had been to the tower. With all the rain everything is green out there. We logged 1360 miles round trip. Worst parts were unforseen road construction and grass hoppers(they hurt and make a mess). I was actually pretty safety minded on this trip and wore a helmet. Couldn't believe the temp differences on Saturday. Started out being 85 then almost 100 at the tower but in the hills toward late afternoon into nightfall 60. Brrrr that was chilly. While riding in the hills we road some cool roads. Nemo road, needles highway, and some others.
Arms and wrists got tired real quick. A lot of the driving on those roads was low speed curves, hair pin turns. Go 50 mph and in a heart beat later back down to 20 mph.
After the other couple gets the pictures done I will try to post some in the album.
Yes Elvis does live! Found him in a bar in sundance wy.
It was to light out to see the mother ship but I could feel it's presence!
J/K

Lars

BlackSTX
Mon, July 20th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Sounds like it was a good time, and some nice country to visit.

88Racing
Fri, August 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Here is some pics.

Lars:cycle: