PDA

View Full Version : gryphon for expedition

RIZECUSTOMZ
Wed, December 31st, 2008, 04:06 PM
hey Bill are the programmers for the 2007 expeditions available yet? Thanks, Jeff

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, December 31st, 2008, 04:46 PM
I know this one, Jeff. We still only have calibrations done for the 2005-2006 Expys, but I know it's on the ever-present List of Stuff for Bill to Work On. ;) It's just a matter of finding the time to do it. :busy:

RIZECUSTOMZ
Thu, January 1st, 2009, 07:30 PM
Ok Cory,
I know you and Bill are swamped right now. Let me know when he gets one done and I will get it sold for you. And I need to have you send an application for dealer to my new email. rizecustomz@yahoo.com. I crashed the pc and lost the app. W have the tax id now so I need to get rolling with it. Thanks , Jeff :woot:

RIZECUSTOMZ
Thu, January 1st, 2009, 07:31 PM
good to hear your son made it back ok. that is truelly great. thank him for serving his country from us here at rize customz..jeff

Corey Cohron RIP
Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Ok Cory,
I know you and Bill are swamped right now. Let me know when he gets one done and I will get it sold for you. And I need to have you send an application for dealer to my new email. rizecustomz@yahoo.com. I crashed the pc and lost the app. W have the tax id now so I need to get rolling with it. Thanks , Jeff :woot:

Done! :puter:

Corey Cohron RIP
Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 03:29 AM
good to hear your son made it back ok. that is truelly great. thank him for serving his country from us here at rize customz..jeff

Why did I not see this until 4:30 this morning? :doh:

I will certainly be sure to do that, Jeff. :thankyou:

Tylus
Wed, May 13th, 2009, 03:13 AM
know this is a bit old...but was hoping the info has changed some

Is the Gryphon available for the 07+ Expy now? I have an 08 that I'd love to get some custom tunes on

please :cheesy smile:

Tylus
Sun, August 2nd, 2009, 08:56 PM
Bump

anything new?

Corey Cohron RIP
Sun, August 2nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
SCT has recently added the 07-09 Expedition to their programmers, so we can offer you custom tunes for your Expy if you'd like. :cheesy smile:

Regarding the Gryphon, Bill says the problem is not the tunes -- it's the hardware which doesn't support the later Expys.

The SCT with 3 canned tunes would be $399; with three custom tunes, it would be $469. Of course, you won't have the gauges like you would with a Gryphon, but we're happy to at least provide you an option! :happy-dancing:

88Racing
Sun, August 2nd, 2009, 11:35 PM
SCT has recently added the 07-09 Expedition to their programmers, so we can offer you custom tunes for your Expy if you'd like. :cheesy smile:

Regarding the Gryphon, Bill says the problem is not the tunes -- it's the hardware which doesn't support the later Expys.

The SCT with 3 canned tunes would be $399; with three custom tunes, it would be $469. Of course, you won't have the gauges like you would with a Gryphon, but we're happy to at least provide you an option! :happy-dancing:

You know those 07-09 expy's and the 09 f150 sure do look awfully familiar under the hood. You sure that the 09 f150 programming and hardware isn't the same?

Lars

jimmyv13
Sat, August 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I am looking at trading in my F150 for something with a little more room and was curious if my Gryphon would work in the 5.4L of an '06 Expedition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

88Racing
Sat, August 29th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I am looking at trading in my F150 for something with a little more room and was curious if my Gryphon would work in the 5.4L of an '06 Expedition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes they have them for the 05-06. But it doesn't come with the gauge pod.
Yours may be transferable with a new firm ware upgrade.
That's about all I know!
PM Bill or Corey for more info.
Lars

jimmyv13
Fri, September 4th, 2009, 07:00 AM
I hunted through the edge site and couldn't find it for the Expedition, but I did find this:

"Note: Even though the following vehicles have an engine type that the Evolution would otherwise support, due to calibration issues on the PCM, it will NOT work on: Heritages, Lincoln Mark LTs, Explorers, Expeditions, or Excursions."

I wonder if Bill can work around the issues with a Gryphon? :shrug:

88Racing
Fri, September 4th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I hunted through the edge site and couldn't find it for the Expedition, but I did find this:

"Note: Even though the following vehicles have an engine type that the Evolution would otherwise support, due to calibration issues on the PCM, it will NOT work on: Heritages, Lincoln Mark LTs, Explorers, Expeditions, or Excursions."

I wonder if Bill can work around the issues with a Gryphon? :shrug:

Ok as I posted before. The gryphon is available for the 05-06 expedition.
Bill wouldn't offer it if he had not found away to make it work with these vehicles.
http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/php/Products.html
Now the question is will your f150 one work with the expedition?
We won't know until Bill or Corey answers your pm. So hopefully they will answer soon after this medical emergency thing is done.

jimmyv13
Fri, September 4th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I scrolled through the page too fast and missed the Gryphon for the 05-06 Expedition, my apologies. I'll hold off PM'ing Corey or Bill until this emergency is taken care of, they have PLENTY to do right now.

Power Hungry
Sat, September 19th, 2009, 09:18 PM
The Gryphon (hardware) for the '04 to '08 F-150 will work on the '05 and '06 Expy. as well. It may need a calibration update, though. If you have an older '97 to '03 F-150, we can upgrade with a new OBD-II cable to work on the later vehicles.

The 2009 uses a completely different PCM then the '04 to '08, not to mention that it has a separate TCM (much like the 6.4L).

jimmyv13
Sat, September 19th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, Bill. Through my searches, I've become quite fond of the '07 Expedition EL's...is there anything from PHP that I could get to give me a little extra umph?

If the deal goes through on this '07, I'll have my Gryphon for sale if I can't use it on the newer Expys.

jimmyv13
Sun, September 20th, 2009, 09:23 PM
The 2009 uses a completely different PCM then the '04 to '08, not to mention that it has a separate TCM (much like the 6.4L).

Did you mean to say the 2007?

jimmyv13
Mon, September 21st, 2009, 11:40 PM
OK, truck is gone, Gryphon is for sale and I'm looking for an SCT that will work on my '07 Expy EB. Someone said the SCT will work, but which model do I need? The SF3 says it stops on the '05 Expys as does the X3.

jimmyv13
Wed, January 20th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Still lurking around...I decided against the SCT and wait for the Edge.

rollingrock
Mon, February 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Hello, new here...first post

Wife has an 08 so the XCal3 with the canned tunes is available?

If so, anyone used canned tunes before? All I have had are custom tunes.

Thanks

RR