PDA

View Full Version : Official Shootin' the Breeze Thread

johnnyd
Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
I figured I would start the PHP bs'n thread. You know, to say good morning or good night, what your havin' for dinner, or just whatever.

I just finished a late snack of leftovers. Pork, sour kraut, and a small piece of country sausage. My father-in-law made this stuff for New Years Day dinner. He cooked a boneless piece of pork for 13hrs and this stuff just falls apart mmm mmm good :eat:

Now I'm ready to go to bed :nitenite::

Corey Cohron RIP
Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:39 PM
A shoot the $hit thread! I love it!

Your snack sounds awesome. Bill is in Utah, so cooking is out for the week. I love to cook, mind you (in fact, the majority of my Christmas gifts were for the kitchen!) -- it's just that I'm holding down the proverbial fort and am chained to my desk. :bound:

Our 7-year old, Liam, put on his new apron (customized X-mas present that says "Mom's Helper") this evening and started water boiling on the stove. Then I supervised as he poured in the pasta and stirred it. I pretty much took over after that, but he was very excited to be "making dinner" for the very first time. :D

Wil, our 9-year old, made me help him remove a very loose tooth tonight. (I tried to talk him out of me helping! :hehe:) That's Daddy's job! It was totally disgusting -- not the blood, but the overall sickening *POP* it makes. :throwup: But I did it, and he's very excited.

Overall, we've had a great day. Life is good.

Jackpine
Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
Washed my truck again today. Man, that thing is BIG! :sigh:

Why can't they make a tiny truck, with huge cargo capacity and enormous pulling power? :)

- Jack

johnnyd
Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
Who knows, if Liam doesn't become the next performance guru like his dad, maybe he'll be the next Emril

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=81

johnnyd
Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:54 PM
Washed my truck again today. Man, that thing is BIG! :sigh:

Why can't they make a tiny truck, with huge cargo capacity and enormous pulling power? :)

- Jack

I hear ya' :hehe: This is my first black truck and my last. Next one will be silver :D

johnnyd
Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
Bed time for me, good night all :bedtime:

Northern Supercrew
Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
mine gets washed maybe 2x a year:yesnod: i mainly get the dust off the dirt.:hehe: the only clean day it had was the day i bought it:D

Corey Cohron RIP
Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
NS, I just found out this week where in Canada you live. How do you do it? You might as well be Santa's neighbor! :santa: And here I am complaining about 50 degrees...

Northern Supercrew
Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 11:12 PM
moved up here at the age of 3...been here ever since. town of 900-1000 people..no walmart...tim hortons...any fast food chain etc...pretty isolated..gotta drive 445KM or 280 miles to the ONLY walmart in the territory. hell..our capital city only has 25,000-30,000 people. i like the small town bussle..everyone knows everyone...don't have to lock our doors..everyone knows who the theives are. the bigger cities i go to..vancouver, edmonton drive me nuts...sensory overload. i can leave my house on the 4 wheeler and not get bothered by the cops, i can go hunting 15 minute drive from my living room. i'm getting tired of the 7 month winters. it's gonna be -49 farenheit tonight or -45 Celcius. on days like this it's great to sit at home and talk to all you folks on the laptop and get to know you all and where you're from.
here's my weather forecast for the week.....enjoy you warm buggers:hehe:
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html?yk-13&unit=i

johnnyd
Sat, January 3rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
moved up here at the age of 3...been here ever since. town of 900-1000 people..no walmart...tim hortons...any fast food chain etc...pretty isolated..gotta drive 445KM or 280 miles to the ONLY walmart in the territory. hell..our capital city only has 25,000-30,000 people. i like the small town bussle..everyone knows everyone...don't have to lock our doors..everyone knows who the theives are. the bigger cities i go to..vancouver, edmonton drive me nuts...sensory overload. i can leave my house on the 4 wheeler and not get bothered by the cops, i can go hunting 15 minute drive from my living room. i'm getting tired of the 7 month winters. it's gonna be -49 farenheit tonight or -45 Celcius. on days like this it's great to sit at home and talk to all you folks on the laptop and get to know you all and where you're from.

I'll never complain about the cold again :yikes2: and what, 6 hrs of daylight?!?! Remember the t.v.show "Northern Exposure", is that what it's like in your town?

Northern Supercrew
Sat, January 3rd, 2009, 09:46 AM
another show i don't remember seeing:nonod: my brain must be frozen:smiley_roll1: but you're probably pretty close. our days are getting longer now, and on june 21 there will be NO darkness. 3am will be just like 3pm, but then the days start getting shorter again.

ChuckD
Sat, January 3rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
I changed my oil today and put my cb in.

Power Hungry
Sat, January 3rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
What kinda cb rig you running, Chuck?

Corey Cohron RIP
Sun, January 4th, 2009, 12:11 AM

YOU = http://www.smileytime.com/weather/links/1258.gif (http://smileytime.com/weather)

ME = http://smileytime.com/weather/links/686.gif (http://smileytime.com/weather)

ChuckD
Sun, January 4th, 2009, 03:22 AM
What kinda cb rig you running, Chuck?

Just a little Cobra 19 and a magentic mount antenna from Flying J. I took the ashtray out and put it in there. I don't really use it that much unless on trips and pretty much just listen to it then. I am trying to keep up my redneck reputation.:hehe:

johnnyd
Sun, January 4th, 2009, 12:29 PM
What's goin' on gang? Going over to the in laws later for some grub and probably a few games of bowling (Wii). Have any of you played the Wii? It sure is good exercise not to mention a blast. My Mom beat all of us New Years Day in golf. Her first time playing and she's 79!!!

Corey Cohron RIP
Sun, January 4th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Oh my gosh -- do we play the Wii?!? It's addictive! My latest favorite is Darts on Party Games 2 (I think that's it, anyway).

I gave Bill a Pinball game for Christmas. He seems to like it but came into the room feigning sadness. :sadface:. When I asked what was wrong, he smiled and said, "Wil kicked my butt." :buttkick: (Wil is our 9-year old and scored over a million points...)

johnnyd
Sun, January 4th, 2009, 12:54 PM
My wife bought that game for me for x-mas. What a great family game :2thumbs: Right now all we have is what came with it but darts sound incredibly fun :drool2:

ChuckD
Sun, January 4th, 2009, 02:12 PM
We have Game Party and a chicken shooting game, the kids love it. I still cant beat my 6 year old in boxing yet:shrug:

Power Hungry
Sun, January 4th, 2009, 03:56 PM
For all you "Guitar Hero" losers out there, here's your chance to fight back!

http://www.dspdesignline.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=212600034&cid=NL_dspdl

This guy has the right idea! Now I just need to learn how to build this thing. :lol:

average-joe
Sun, January 4th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I could never use a CB ,nobody would understand my accent :smiley_roll1:

Corey Cohron RIP
Sun, January 4th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Glad to have you here! The wife loves the guys from the UK. If you check her MySpace, all her dreamy guys are from England or Ireland. Ah well... what's a lad to do?

I could never use a CB ,nobody would understand my accent :smiley_roll1:

Oh, I'd certainly be willing to give it a try. :drool2: :D

Corey Cohron RIP
Sun, January 4th, 2009, 10:02 PM
We have Game Party and a chicken shooting game, the kids love it. I still cant beat my 6 year old in boxing yet:shrug:

:whisper: my7yearoldkicksmybuttinboxingtoo :sadface:

Corey Cohron RIP
Mon, January 5th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I have great kids. I just thought I'd put that down in writing. I did the bare minimum today for the business and stayed in bed most of the day because I'm still nursing a migraine from last night.

They've been trying to take care of me all day. In fact, Wil came in a bit ago and asked if he could get me anything. When I told him I was fine and didn't need anything, he got a little peeved and claimed, "I don't like it when you don't feel good and I can't take care of you!" I think he's definitely taking on the role of "man of the house" while Billy is away. He'll be 10 in August. When did that happen? :sigh:

Hope everyone is having a spectacular day! :D

ChuckD
Mon, January 5th, 2009, 08:05 PM
My daughter just turned 10 on Sunday. Last week I told her she wasn't having a birthday. She looks at me funny, I said not till your 29. My wife says just think she will be a teenager before you know it. I stopped her right there and said this is not a discussion we are going to have for another 10 years.:yikes2:

Pullin'Fool
Wed, January 7th, 2009, 02:28 AM
My daughter just turned 10 on Sunday. Last week I told her she wasn't having a birthday. She looks at me funny, I said not till your 29. My wife says just think she will be a teenager before you know it. I stopped her right there and said this is not a discussion we are going to have for another 10 years.:yikes2: The transition from child to teenager is a traumatizing{sp} experience....my girls are 13 and 14 and it is so hard to let them grow up......

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, January 7th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I inherited 3 bonus children when I married Billy, so this year, our kids will be 23, 18, 14, 10, and 8. We also have a granddaughter who will be FIVE this year (We became grandparents at 35! Don't do the math. It isn't pretty. :))

The 14-year old is our only daughter, and after seeing her in September, I'm so glad we have boys! It's hard watching your "little girl" turn into a young lady because it's so visibly obvious. Boys. Gotta love 'em! :D

johnnyd
Wed, January 7th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Welp, it's snowing again. Seem's like it's been a long winter already :sniffle:

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, January 7th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Bill said it's snowed a bunch in Utah, too. He's wondering if he'll get snowed in and have to stay there! :snowedunder: Hope not -- we're supposed to be in FL on Saturday at PIS's dyno event! :truck:

johnnyd
Wed, January 7th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Well that stinks. Hope he gets out of there soon :brrr: > :plane: > :sun:

Jackpine
Wed, January 7th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I'm getting real close to the "200 posts" mark - Guess that makes me one of these: :postwhore: Now, that's interesting! The censor doesn't like the ".gif" name of the smiley I tried to upload here. I think, Corey or Bill, it needs to be renamed so that the word "wh*re" is not rejected. Maybe, spell it "wore"?

- Jack

On Edit: Fixed it.

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, January 7th, 2009, 07:46 PM
:smiley_roll1:

I'll have to go back and name it "post-ho" :hehe: -- that, or figure out how to get in and change the unacceptable words. That's pretty funny.

Corey Cohron RIP
Thu, January 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I just took a 20 minute shower, and neither one of my sons came in OR knocked on the door even once! :2thumbs: Will wonders never cease?! :hehe:

Jackpine
Thu, January 8th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Holy Cats! Your hot water bill must be through the roof! :rofl:

- Jack

Northern Supercrew
Thu, January 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM
well, got some good news...just won $1480.10 on Lotto 649:2thumbs:...now to think of some mods.:lookaround2:

Power Hungry
Thu, January 8th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Awesome! Congratulations on your win. :woohoo:

Might be time to get that automatic rollback bed cover. :lol:

jerodr
Thu, January 8th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Haha yeah that would be one sick mod!

Northern Supercrew
Thu, January 8th, 2009, 08:40 PM
got an auto one...wife automatically rolls/unrolls it:hehe:

ChuckD
Fri, January 9th, 2009, 02:19 PM
So I am sitting at the airport waiting to fly to DC. I dont see what all the complaints about the TSA is. I walked right through. I went through the body xray machine that blows all that air on you. On the other side there was a girl working, so I couldnt resist. "Did you like what you seen?" and winked:hehe: talking about getting red faced. I just smile as I walk by.

Corey Cohron RIP
Sat, January 10th, 2009, 08:06 PM
That $hit's funny. I should tell my 9-year old to say it next time we go through airport security. Can you imagine how funny THAT would be?!? :smiley_roll1:

Corey Cohron RIP
Sat, January 10th, 2009, 08:08 PM
got an auto one...wife automatically rolls/unrolls it:hehe:

Oh that's harsh. Reminds me of the time -- many years ago when I was still young and cute ;) -- when Billy and I were out shopping. The girl at the register asked him, "Do you need a bag?" and he didn't miss a beat. He tipped his head in my direction and replied, "No thanks. I already have one." :omg:

Quit laughing.

He still gets crap from me about that one.

(Though it WAS kind of funny. I just don't think that quickly on my feet!)

average-joe
Sat, January 10th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Ok i'm sat here watching mamma mia on dvd and drinking wine,wife is snuggled up to me...............does life get any better???:doh:

Corey Cohron RIP
Sat, January 10th, 2009, 09:26 PM
It's great -- until Pierce Brosnan sings! What was THAT all about? And who knew Colin Firth COULD sing? They should have replaced Pierce with Gerard Butler. :drool2:

And my honey is 2,000 miles away, so I'm snuggling up with two of our cats tonight -- Flower, who sleeps on my head or feet each night, and Dioji (D-O-G), who snuggles against my right side or between my knees (makes rolling over a little hairy, but he's warm!) Where the other two cats are at night, I have no idea. :confused:

Joe, have you guys seen P.S. I Love You? Now THERE'S a good Couple's Movie Night flick -- or maybe Love, Actually.

Northern Supercrew
Sat, January 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Oh that's harsh. Reminds me of the time -- many years ago when I was still young and cute ;) -- when Billy and I were out shopping. The girl at the register asked him, "Do you need a bag?" and he didn't miss a beat. He tipped his head in my direction and replied, "No thanks. I already have one." :omg:

Quit laughing.

He still gets crap from me about that one.

(Though it WAS kind of funny. I just don't think that quickly on my feet!)

i've used that one too...i know...i know...slap...slap.

BluByu1986
Sat, January 10th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Watching some TV and surfin' the net. Wife's out playing hockey. Kinda s***ty out, snowing pretty good. -12 out, but feels like -20 with windchill.

Supposed to be sunny out tomorrow, might have to wash the truck.

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, January 21st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Anybody play Rock Band for the Wii yet? It's like karoke X 10! :sing::guitarpunk::drummer: My sons were amazed that I actually new the words to songs like "White Wedding" and "Living on a Prayer!" Damn, I feel old. :oldlady:

SinCityFX4
Wed, January 21st, 2009, 06:58 PM
Anybody play Rock Band for the Wii yet? It's like karoke X 10! :sing::guitarpunk::drummer: My sons were amazed that I actually new the words to songs like "White Wedding" and "Living on a Prayer!" Damn, I feel old. :oldlady:

:hehe::smiley_roll1: You crack me up.

I find it amusing that my 9 year old son sits there when we are driving around and knows the words to some classics from the 60's, 70's, and 80's.:guitarpunk:

Corey Cohron RIP
Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 03:11 AM
What makes me laugh is when one of the boys hears a song and starts singing it. I'll ask, "How do you know that song?" and they'll reply, "It's on Guitar Hero." :guitar:

For those of you who might have become members after I made this announcement:

Bill is actually a DJ in his other life (when time permits). We also host an internet radio stream -- and we take requests (they're handled by the computer). You can sit at work and listen to music every day that comes straight from one of our computers (yes, we have one entire computer dedicated to music, so you can only imagine the number of songs we have!) if you'd like! There is a link in a yellow box near the bottom of the PHP website's homepage (http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/php/). Just click, and you'll be streaming in no time! If you hear "Chevy Van" :mysterymachine: by Sammy Johns, you'll know that I've requested it! :D

cleatus12r
Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 06:44 AM
Xbox...not Wii yet.

My friends and I make it a point to play that game for about 10 hours straight about once a month or so. Granted, the game loses it's competitive meaning when the songs are unlocked and you can't tour, but to go through the songs is a blast. I will say that there are some good songs on Rock Band, but most are complete garbage. For some reason, one of my friends has a thing with R.E.M.'s Orange Crush

Personal favorite for the game is being the drummer. Playing songs like Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden on "expert" is a hoot....and very tiring. I play a real guitar in normal life, but for the life of me, I can't do anything but "fail" with the Rock Band guitar. Oh well, such is life.

Power Hungry
Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
One thing I noticed with Rock Band is that the audio and video timing make a big difference. Even a couple millisecond offset can have a dramatic effect on your rating. It took me about 45 minutes to finally get a setting that I was comfortable with and have been happy so far. :speaker:

As much as I love to play drums, sadly I am not very good. Being ADD, I have a very hard time managing independence on each of my limbs. Everything tends to try to "synchronize" and that's not good for drumming. I end up sticking to guitar or bass because that's more comfortable for me and I can do pretty well. :guitarist:

As for odd songs to get stuck in your head... The Donnas - New Kid in School. I couldn't shake that one for quite a while.

It is really annoying that the Rock Band games aren't compatible online. All my friend have XBox Live and I have the only Wii. I will tell you though, it's fun to play with complete strangers and be amazed at how well you can do.

Anyway... just some random babble. Have a great day!

cleatus12r
Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
One thing I noticed with Rock Band is that the audio and video timing make a big difference. Even a couple millisecond offset can have a dramatic effect on your rating. It took me about 45 minutes to finally get a setting that I was comfortable with and have been happy so far.

Bill,

That whole "lag" thing was a big issue at first. I got really mad the first time I played it.....I thought the game was a P.O.S. I'd play along with the music and miss the little colored "dots". I KNEW I hit them right on, but the game didn't recognize it. I spent a lot of time playing out-of-sync until my friend fixed the lag.

My friends and I usually stick to what we know. Phil (auto tech), the owner of the game plays the guitar. Eric, the not-all-there (and also ADD) software engineer (aren't they all like that?) sings, and I do the drums. Of course, there are songs that I belt out like Inside the Fire by Disturbed :drool2:.

johnnyd
Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
It was 42 today with partly sunny skies. It felt like summertime. I actually saw things like grass, my driveway, some bushes, and even the roof :smiley_roll1:O.K., back to reality, tonight it's suppose to drop to 8 w/a high of 17 tomorrow!!! I was hoping to maybe wash the truck tomorrow but I don't think it's gonna happen'. :cursin:

Corey Cohron RIP
Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, it was, like, 60 here today. The boys were out back riding their dirt bike and 4-wheeler! A lovely day! :woot:

On a totally different note, they finally got me to play Rock Band on the Wii. I'm hooked. :guitarpunk:

johnnyd
Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
Rock on girl :cool_beans:

johnnyd
Fri, January 23rd, 2009, 11:15 PM
Nite gang :nitenite:

Corey Cohron RIP
Sat, January 24th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Is there, like, ANYTHING better than bacon? I just had made a sandwich consisting of Boar's Head Rotisserie Chicken (at a jillion dollars a pound, but I won't go into that rant...) and Havarti cheese -- oh, and salt and pepper. I'm not a mayonnaise person :throwup:. Would have thrown on a little lettuce that we bought today but didn't need the aggravation of opening it, washing it, etc. Anyway, as I began to munch, I was unenthralled. It was THEN that I remembered that we had some leftover bacon in the fridge! Microwaved a couple of pieces to warm them up and slapped those babies on there. Mmmmmmmm.... :sandwich:

johnnyd
Sun, January 25th, 2009, 09:03 PM
How bout' this movie quote:

"You don't dig swine? Bacon's gooood..."

Corey Cohron RIP
Mon, January 26th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Pulp Fiction :ithankyou: Bill and I are totally the kind of people who will watch a great movie time and again. Seen that one at least a dozen, probably. :tv:

johnnyd
Mon, January 26th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Haha, you got it even though I kind of screwed the quote up :cool_beans: Great flick

Corey Cohron RIP
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 08:19 PM
While Bill was out working today (he took Wil with him), Liam and I made homemade chicken noodle soup -- it's so freakin' good... :1soup: and I'm hoping it'll help this sinus infection.

We also made :heart:-shaped cupcakes for one of our cat's birthdays. And though Flower wasn't in the room, we all sang :birthday: before munching on them. I'm pretty sure it was simply an excuse to make cupcakes, but how could I say no to such a funny idea? It must be very cool to be seven. I only vaguely remember it, though I do remember my second grade picture because I had taken it upon myself to cut my own bangs. :D

Finally going to bed :sickinbed:. Tomorrow will come soon enough. :)

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Need to get this out of my head.

You know things are bad when your 7-year old sets the table to make sure that you all have a "family dinner" instead of Mom and Dad eating at their desks. When we were done eating, Liam asked if I would play a game. "Which one?" I asked. "It doesn't matter as long as we play a game together." We didn't play a game, but we snuggled in bed and read a book together.

I still feel like a slug.

Northern Supercrew
Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Sounds like a little mom/son bonding...nothing wrong with that..no matter where it takes place. It must be hard for them to understand why mom/dad have to work so much.

rybit29
Thu, February 12th, 2009, 01:55 PM
today im having a little father puppy bonding day which consists of me on the computer writing my resume, and the dog sleeping next to me. fun huh???

johnnyd
Thu, February 12th, 2009, 05:36 PM
I just did a little bonding with 2 pork chops, mashed potatoes, applesauce, and a glass of milk :drool2:

seeleyra
Thu, February 12th, 2009, 06:00 PM
You don't want to know what I just did a little bonding with! :eek::eek:

johnnyd
Thu, February 12th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Your probably right :yikes2:

Corey Cohron RIP
Sat, February 21st, 2009, 04:19 PM
Well I'M going to do a little Mom and Sons bonding with Liam and Wil tonight while Billy is away. We just bought some movies and candy, and if I can stay awake, I think we're watching 101 Dalmations -- the live version. :watchtvandlaugh: