PDA

View Full Version : Harley sales down!

88Racing
Fri, October 16th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Last quarter earning report for the motorcycle manufacturor down 84%!!!!!
Ouch!
No wonder they they bagged buell. Hmmm imagine that? People not buying motorcycles in these economic down times.
Lars:shrug:

Power Hungry
Fri, October 16th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I figured that had a lot to do with it, but I didn't realize the numbers were that bad! :(

88Racing
Fri, October 16th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Harley's stock was up today also!
Imagine that?

Lars

soutthpaw
Fri, October 16th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Or people are wising up finally and realizing that HD is an overpriced, crappy riding and unreliable brand that people having a mid life crisis buy to compensate for ____________.
Colorado springs PD recently switched from the HD to the Honda ST1300's (my personal favorite bike) used to own a ST1100 and a Pacific Coast. both super reliable and a dream to ride with great handling and reliability..
Have a friend whose Hubby was a CSPD motor officer and she said they were constantly having brake failure problems with the HD's. The officers love the Honda's compared to the HD's

88Racing
Fri, October 16th, 2009, 10:43 PM
The city of New York just switched from HD to vespa's for it's parking enforcement unit.

Lars

88Racing
Fri, October 16th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Here's another one:
All HD 2010 touring class bikes now have cats in the head pipes.
All HD 2010 touring class bikes now run hotter than 2007 touring class(historically noted first year of the lean "hot" bike due to EPA).
Here's the problem I see and I'll mention it here first before over at the other forum so I don't ruffle any feathers.
Problem I see is this:
For years now automotive exhaust shops have been in fear of the dreaded Feds trying to come in under cover and trying to get the shops to do cat deletes. How much is the fine? Aprox $10k-$15k!
Now are the Feds going to start being nazi's and come into dealerships and independents and try to get them to modify or replace the head pipe? I don't know but the EPA will have it's way they will.

Lars:shrug:

Power Hungry
Sat, October 17th, 2009, 12:55 AM
You know what the sad thing is? With electronic fuel management systems, we can reduce emissions to almost nothing but the EPA still feels the need to impose power robbing Catalytic Converters and EGR systems, all of which hurt fuel economy. All they've accomplished is increasing fuel consumption without actually reducing emissions. It the same crap they've pulled on the diesels with the DPF systems. The whole thing REEKS of bull$hit.

For YEARS Honda didn't have EGR systems because they could meet emissions standard without it. They were the ONLY car company to do so. The technology is out there but certain organizations/individuals are suppressing it.

It's a sad state of affairs. :(

soutthpaw
Sat, October 17th, 2009, 11:07 AM
The city of New York just switched from HD to vespa's for it's parking enforcement unit.

Lars

Ok I think I would draw the line at having to ride a scooter.. (I would rather walk or ride a bicycle) guess the parking inforcement is now called the Mod Squad. I Just get the image of that old DEVO music video of them on Vespas heh... wasn't that an album cover too? Figure Bill might know the answer to that:D

88Racing
Sat, October 17th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Ok I think I would draw the line at having to ride a scooter.. (I would rather walk or ride a bicycle) guess the parking inforcement is now called the Mod Squad. I Just get the image of that old DEVO music video of them on Vespas heh... wasn't that an album cover too? Figure Bill might know the answer to that:D

If I can get the link to work I will post it. But you should see some of the donut monsters they took a picture of. They should be walking or pedalling a bike!

Lars