PDA

View Full Version : How much candy did your kids get on Halloween?

88Racing
Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 11:54 AM
We tried something new this year. It was called "Trunk or Treat" sponsored by one of the churches in town.
People decorate the backs of their vehicles with themes and hand out candy. Went through all of the 40 vehicles for a $1. Of course the majority of the town was there! My little girl was somewhat disappointed with the amount of candy she got, I was too!
But the church really didn't know how many people were going to show so they limited the candy to 1 per kid per vehicle.
I had kinda figured that could happen so armed with extra bags my wife, little girl, and I decided to go do the house to house thing also. After 2 hours of that my little girl and wife were tired! She made a big score at more than one house we stopped at. We have a lot of LEO's that live in the neighborhood and they were giving out these HUGE candy bars, some charity thing they were doing. She ended up with 12 all together. Eventhough I probably over did it on the time we were walking around that night before bed she asked me if we could go trick or treating again on Sunday.

Lars

ChuckD
Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
With all 4 of my kids, I ended up with alot of candy. They hate the fact that the candy is taken away from them, then sorted, then put up. One of their friends came to spend the night so after all of 5 minutes they had forgoten about candy. The next day they were all out in the field playing and only asked once for a piece. The LEO's here were patroling pretty good and had bags that they handed out to the kids that had a couple pieces of candy, crayons and a coloring book. I thaught that was pretty cool.