PDA

View Full Version : is it weird...

nelstone74
Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
Does anyone else think it was weird that the forum crashed exactly one year after starting?

Jackpine
Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 12:00 PM
More like kind of "spooky". :lookaround1:

- Jack

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
More like eNom's hosting just sucks... and I totally hate posts that make blanket statements like that, but we've been dealing with them for a L-O-N-G time now, so I feel that it's fairly accurate. :whistle1:

Even weirder... how about the fact that Bill had backed up the forum about 15 minutes before it crashed (he was actually answering posts when it happened)?!?
Now THAT'S :ugly dude:!

shotgun
Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Even weirder... how about the fact that Bill had backed up the forum about 15 minutes before it crashed (he was actually answering posts when it happened)?!?
Now THAT'S :ugly dude:!

No...that's LUCKY! :whistle1:

JWBFX4
Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
No...that's LUCKY! :whistle1:

Yea its great that he decided to back it up.

88Racing
Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 11:01 PM
Nope! It WAS just Enom!
May they RIP!

Power Hungry
Sat, December 5th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Just so everyone understands... I usually back up the Forum database late on Friday night while I'm sitting here going through files. It just happened that I had finished backing up, answered a couple posts (so I know it wasn't me to goofed it up), and then the whole thing went toe-up. I'll tell ya, I can't even begin to explain the knot in my stomach over the following 48 hours as I struggled to get the forum back online without losing any data. It was a challenge but I think we got about 99.6% of everything back up. I know Lars lost some photos, but I think that was the worst of it.

Anyway, thanks guys for being patient while we got this sorted out.

Take care.