PDA

View Full Version : YAAAA

ChuckD
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 03:09 PM
We are getting some weather finally.:woot: Havent had rain in a long time. Up north of us is getting snow. Should be able to go skiing next weekend.:2thumbs:

88Racing
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I'd be happy to see none of that but oh well winter is here in SD 2-4" expected tonight.
And single digits for the highs on wednesday!
Up here you'll freeze your kiester off going skiing!

ChuckD
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 06:41 PM
The high elevations has blizzard warnings.

Corey Cohron RIP
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 07:04 PM
It was in the mid 40s here today. Too cold for me. :brrr:

88Racing
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM
The high elevations has blizzard warnings.

Where at?
Up by Flagstaff or somewhere else?

88Racing
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 07:14 PM

Still would be riding the Harley!

ChuckD
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Flagstaff is one place but we have alot of places over 7000 ft, below that they are talking up to 2 ft of snow.

cleatus12r
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Huh....

It hit 0 (read: zero) here today. Whoopie!

-10 this morning, looking at wind chill of -35 for the next 24 hours.

I love it. I couldn't do what 907Dave does for months at a time. He's THE MAN!

:(http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/cleatus12r/weather.jpg

88Racing
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Flagstaff is one place but we have alot of places over 7000 ft, below that they are talking up to 2 ft of snow.

So where's the hot ski slopes at?

ChuckD
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Flagstaff is the big one and a couple more. I have never been skiing but its on the list of things to do before I die. At the 10 o'clock news they have already gotten 18 inches of snow. Down here in the valley we are getting rain and some decent winds knocking down trees and stuff. Should be back in the 60s by the weekend and roads should be cleared upto drive up there.

88Racing
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Huh....

It hit 0 (read: zero) here today. Whoopie!

-10 this morning, looking at wind chill of -35 for the next 24 hours.

I love it. I couldn't do what 907Dave does for months at a time. He's THE MAN!

:(http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/cleatus12r/weather.jpg

Yep!
And your sending all that good weather my way too!
Aren't ya!

88Racing
Mon, December 7th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Flagstaff is the big one and a couple more. I have never been skiing but its on the list of things to do before I die. At the 10 o'clock news they have already gotten 18 inches of snow. Down here in the valley we are getting rain and some decent winds knocking down trees and stuff. Should be back in the 60s by the weekend and roads should be cleared upto drive up there.

Hop on a snowboard!
Just like skate boarding!
Doesn't hurt as much especially when there is fresh powder.

Longshot270
Tue, December 8th, 2009, 09:43 AM

Same here in Texas. I was thinking it was cold when the lows were 50. Last week it got down to 23 at night. The next morning I got hit by some little white fluffy thing that would turn into water after it landed. One hit me and I saw another land on the hood of my truck when I was leaving that morning.
Apparently Austin and Bastrop got almost a 1/4 inch of snow (known as the blizzard of December 2009 :hehe:)
Then the next morning after that it looked like a donut factory came and glazed everything.:drool2:

ChuckD
Tue, December 8th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Snowbowl the ski resort in Flagstaff got 34 inches.

Longshot270
Tue, December 8th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Snowbowl the ski resort in Flagstaff got 34 inches.

That is almost 3 feet of the white fluffy stuff!:yikes2: Yeah, glad its almost warm enough for T shirts again...or at least until the next front makes everything cold again. Haha, I just realized I have never even seen that much snow in my LIFE! Most I've seen was about 4 inches in New Mexico while mule deer hunting.(back when it was easy to get a license)

88Racing
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 06:43 AM
We only got about 6" but as usual the wind came too. 45mph wind gusts with a temp of 3*F this morning. Brrrrrrrr!
-10*F tonight.

cleatus12r
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Lions and tigers and bears....OH MY!

-22 this morning.

Dave, how do you do it?

88Racing
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Lions and tigers and bears....OH MY!

-22 this morning.

Dave, how do you do it?

Going to be selling/replacing batteries today!
Brrrr!:
http://www.wunderground.com/US/MT/Reed_Point.html

ChuckD
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Cody it looks like you got a heat wave coming through. Going to be up to 25 by the weekend.

cleatus12r
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I love this place. I drove by the bank this morning at 7:15 and it said -17. Right now (11:39) it says +5. FWIW, the bank is 12 miles (as the crow flies) east of my house. Good job digging up the weather underground, Lars. That "station" is about 2 miles NE of my house but it's on top of a hill (like all of the "imports" place them) and I sit in a valley.

The temperature swings around here are AWESOME.

88Racing
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I love this place. I drove by the bank this morning at 7:15 and it said -17. Right now (11:39) it says +5. FWIW, the bank is 12 miles (as the crow flies) east of my house. Good job digging up the weather underground, Lars. That "station" is about 2 miles NE of my house but it's on top of a hill (like all of the "imports" place them) and I sit in a valley.

The temperature swings around here are AWESOME.

Google is an amazing search engine for finding things. Its the only one that hasn't slowed or crashed my BB yet.
Those swings in temp are nice characteristics of living in the "banana belt"!
Rapid City goes through the same thing.