PDA

View Full Version : DTC P061B

fordtuff247
Mon, January 12th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I recently sent my Edge tuner in to be transformed into a Gryphon because of my exhaust & intake additions to my '07 f150. For the past two weeks now I've been getting the P061B error, Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance. I got the error 3 times within the last two weeks. When the error arises the truck enters failsafe mode with the wrench lit up on the dashboard. Any ideas?

Corey Cohron RIP
Mon, January 12th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Bill is in the office! Can you give him a shout? 678-963-9913

fordtuff247
Mon, January 12th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Tried calling but no answer so I will try again later.
Thanks.

Jackpine
Mon, January 12th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Tried calling but no answer so I will try again later.
Thanks.

Make sure your phone doesn't have caller ID blocking on. I don't think they answer unless they can see who is calling them. (And I don't blame them a bit)!

- Jack

roosterdiesel
Mon, January 12th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I recently sent my Edge tuner in to be transformed into a Gryphon because of my exhaust & intake additions to my '07 f150. For the past two weeks now I've been getting the P061B error, Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance. I got the error 3 times within the last two weeks. When the error arises the truck enters failsafe mode with the wrench lit up on the dashboard. Any ideas?

Here's what my DTC library from Auto Enginuity gives me.....

P061- HO2S Heater Resistance(bank 2, sensor 3)
System Grouping: Fuel and Air Metering And Auxiliary Emissions controls

fordtuff247
Mon, January 12th, 2009, 01:58 PM
On aboutautomobile.com I found that the DTC for P061B is Powertrain: Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance. Maybe there is a difference because of the "B". Thanks for info.

Corey Cohron RIP
Mon, January 12th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Fordtuff,

The reason that you're getting that code is because you don't have custom tunes yet! After talking with you, Bill looked up your order and proclaimed, "THAT'S why he's having a problem!" "Why?" I asked. "Because he doesn't have his tunes yet." A-HA!

After you've downloaded your custom calibrations, you shouldn't have this problem anymore. :woot:

Jackpine
Mon, January 12th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Fordtuff,

The reason that you're getting that code is because you don't have custom tunes yet! After talking with you, Bill looked up your order and proclaimed, "THAT'S why he's having a problem!" "Why?" I asked. "Because he doesn't have his tunes yet." A-HA!

After you've downloaded your custom calibrations, you shouldn't have this problem anymore. :woot:

And, I think to take care of the problem UNTIL you receive custom calibrations, you should return the tune to stock (level 0). You can still use the gauges in the unit though.

Alternatively, you MAY be able to program your PCM in Level 1 (transmission only) and get away with it. Level 1 in the canned tunes is supposed to do nothing more than firm up your shifts, which might be better than nothing! It won't hurt to try.

- Jack