PDA

View Full Version : I GOT IT!! I GOT IT!!!

majek5
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 07:27 PM
The big brown truck came today. I was at work, so when my wife heard the doorbell ring and looked outside. Nothing. So she went to the other door. Nothing. She looked again and in the corner was a little white box. When I got home she told me that it came, and commented that if I paid $300 for a box that small I got ripped off. I asked her if size determines value. If so, her diamond rings are really worth nothing. Sometimes... "to the moon Alice". Can't wait to install this bad boy. Prolly not tomorrow 6* for the high.:yikes2:

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 07:39 PM
:smiley_roll1: We ran out of our usual boxes that are 10 X 6 X 3 and had to use the box in which the chip was shipped to us. :sadface: You'll see that I had to fold up your instructions and stuff to get it all in the box. It irked me to do it! :twitch:

Please let us know what you think of your new toy!

CageFighter_Dan
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I can feel your excitement , the day for my suggested delivery i will be face first on the post office window before they open with hands on the glass going " open , open , open " lol

88Racing
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 11:10 PM
The big brown truck came today. I was at work, so when my wife heard the doorbell ring and looked outside. Nothing. So she went to the other door. Nothing. She looked again and in the corner was a little white box. When I got home she told me that it came, and commented that if I paid $300 for a box that small I got ripped off. I asked her if size determines value. If so, her diamond rings are really worth nothing. Sometimes... "to the moon Alice". Can't wait to install this bad boy. Prolly not tomorrow 6* for the high.:yikes2:

Cool!
Glad you got it!
But your lucky your wife didn't put you in the ER! LOL's
Be safe!
If it going to be 30*F or less when you do your programming I'd recomend running the truck 15-20 minutes before progamming it this warms up the motor which warms up the PCM and putting on a 1.25 amp/hr battery tender during the programming session.

CageFighter_Dan
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 11:18 PM
so when i get mine next week, its been averaging -30 each day by noon, earlier in the day you don't wanna know lol, should i take it in a shop for the first original tune load?

88Racing
Wed, December 9th, 2009, 11:44 PM
so when i get mine next week, its been averaging -30 each day by noon, earlier in the day you don't wanna know lol, should i take it in a shop for the first original tune load?

YES!!!

Read this link:
http://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming/395746-gryphon-install-update-directions.html

majek5
Thu, December 10th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I got a Pheonix. So the temp is not critical, right? There is no programming to do. No biggie on the box. It is goin to the garbage. The goodies inside is what matters!

Corey Cohron RIP
Thu, December 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM
No worries with the temperature and a Phoenix chip. :thumbs up yellow:

CageFighter_Dan
Thu, December 10th, 2009, 07:40 PM
oh man now i gotta start renovating again:doh: it is going to be a pain to make a garage door in my bedroom so i can park it beside the bed at night and tuck it in :crazy:

Power Hungry
Thu, December 17th, 2009, 06:22 AM
I can feel your excitement , the day for my suggested delivery i will be face first on the post office window before they open with hands on the glass going " open , open , open " lol

See... someone else who remembers those old Mervyn's commercials. :D