PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Want To Buy Some Snow?

88Racing
Sat, December 26th, 2009, 11:11 PM
No!
I'm not selling any snow!
We have just received 23"+ during the last 4 days.
The is along with 40mph+ winds.
Which equals about 3ft-10ft drifts.
Christmas day had 2 break downs with the blower. One was an easy fix, just replaced and retightened pully bolt. The other was a poor quality weld gave way. Fixed that one today and got the blower back up and running.
Giving a shout out to my neighbor Dale.
People don't have too many neighbors like him!
He's my family's Santa Clause this year!
And also our HERO!!!
Used his welder to fix the blower and when he found out what had happened he came with his blade and finished up my driveway!
He refused any payment too!
So for the rest of today I paid it forward also.
I used my fixed snow blower and cleared out 3 of the other neighbor's driveways.
Got one more driveway to do tomorrow. So I'll cross my fingers that I won't have any other problems.

JWBFX4
Sat, December 26th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Well we haven't been having no snow but the rain is killing us down here. Half the people that I know around here can't even access some/most of their hunting land...roads are washing out...rivers are spilling out of their banks. Its just horrible.

88Racing
Sun, December 27th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Well we haven't been having no snow but the rain is killing us down here. Half the people that I know around here can't even access some/most of their hunting land...roads are washing out...rivers are spilling out of their banks. Its just horrible.

If you took a look a the radar this system was HUGE!
Covering 3/4 of the USA and up into Canada also!

cleatus12r
Sun, December 27th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I'll take it off your hands, Lars. It's just cold and crappy here and all the snow blew away. I'd kill for some 4-5 foot drifts like we used to have here about 25 years ago. I remember getting lost in the snow when I was a kid. Now it's just cold and boring.

soutthpaw
Sun, December 27th, 2009, 10:43 AM
:sun::beachgrin:

Enjoying vacation here in CA....65F and sunny with clear blue skys....
:happy-dancing:

:snowed under:
:snowedunder:
:shovel:
:snowblow:
:sled:
:snowshoes:
:bouncy snowman:

Power Hungry
Sun, December 27th, 2009, 11:20 AM
None for me thanks... I'm driving. :D

88Racing
Sun, December 27th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Well got big thank you's from 3 out of 4 neighbors!
The one neighbor was a little mad because he wanted to try out his new blower. I just told him it worked fine! I was pulln' his leg. He kinda looked at me and went back to his house.

Power Hungry
Sun, December 27th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Some people have no sense of humor... ;)

Longshot270
Mon, December 28th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Can I buy some and put it on lay away for the summer draughts? :hehe:
We even got a few flakes on christmas eve but since I didn't see them I can't verify.
We've got enough water for now, had to pull my dad out with the tractor for the second week in a row. Last weekend it was the F250 and this weekend it was the jeep. Haha I keep telling him he needs to stay off the soft stuff when pulling trailers. I guess some people just dont know(or remember) how to go muddin'.(hey, he deserves it for all the times he griped at me for not getting stuck, even if I did make a mess!)

907DAVE
Mon, December 28th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Jeeshh.....we only have about 18'' right now. Something is wrong here.............enjoy it while you can.:drool2:

Longshot270
Mon, December 28th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Well got big thank you's from 3 out of 4 neighbors!
The one neighbor was a little mad because he wanted to try out his new blower. I just told him it worked fine! I was pulln' his leg. He kinda looked at me and went back to his house.

I just realized that the reason this seems familiar is because we have a neighbor who did the same thing. So I went back with the mower and blew as much of the cut grass onto his brand new driveway as I could, even borrowed some from the grateful neighbor on the other side of the street. Never heard him complain again. :evillol:

I have to admit, snow does look like it could be fun to play in at the beginning. To me it just looks like mud you dont have to clean off:hehe:...but that might be because I've never had to drive in it. :whistle1: (not that I'm complaining about that)

88Racing
Tue, December 29th, 2009, 01:09 AM
I'll admit it, snow is fun!
Played around in it on Saturday, popped through some good sized 3-4ft drifts.
But can be dangerous also.
If you get stuck or the truck dies, you've just put yourself in danger of freezing your kiester off!
Getting your truck snow packed can be a PIA, especially if you don't have a heated garage.

Corey Cohron RIP
Tue, December 29th, 2009, 05:02 PM
None of the white stuff, please. I had enough of it growing up on Long Island and MORE than enough of it while living in Utah for 3½ years!

http://smileytime.com/weather/links/686.gif (http://smileytime.com/weather)

Sorry, Everyone -- this smiley used to be free on smileytime.com. Now you have to be a member of their forum and have X number of posts or pay a fee. :sadface: