Fri, January 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM
National Champs :happy-dancing: # 13

Definitely feels good to be a Bama fan today :thumbs up yellow:

Just wanted to say Roll Tide Roll.

88Racing
Fri, January 8th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Pre game.
My son was hook'm horns this and that!
After McCoy's injury»the flood gates of tears opened up through his eyes after any score the Tide got!

Congrats Tide Fans!

PS
Anyone got anymore kleenex?
He's still ball'n.

ChuckD
Fri, January 8th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I read an article on McCoy. He said he wasn't in pain but didn't have no strength in his arm. He was in the locker room trying to throw a 7 yard pass to his dad and couldn't even make it to him.

Longshot270
Fri, January 8th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I think is funny that the texas team flew over 1200 miles and the alabama team flew over 1800 miles when their borders are only about 400 miles apart. But I guess it wouldn't be the Rose Bowl without playing in California. :hehe:

I read an article on McCoy. He said he wasn't in pain but didn't have no strength in his arm. He was in the locker room trying to throw a 7 yard pass to his dad and couldn't even make it to him.
My dad is thinking he is saving his arm for the future, but that is just a guess.
I was also hearing that they could have won if he hadn't gotten hurt...if thats true then I wouldn't call them a team. I believe that one person should not make the difference between winning and losing, if they do then its not a strong team.

Overall, I'm not sad they lost. I've lost an amount of respect after sitting next to similar "football stars" in college classes. I've seen them break too many rules (not to mention laws) and be able to get away with it because they were on a popular team. But thats another one of my opinions...and NO that was not directed at just Longhorns. I think just about every team/player has gotten away with something sometime.

So congrats to Alabama. Heard they played very well. I even saw part, only needed 5 minutes to know who was going to win...and it was in the very beginning. Why couldnt the game room set up bets for that! :hehe:

Ok, I'll stop ranting about football now. :really-lmao:

JWBFX4
Sat, January 9th, 2010, 09:47 AM

My dad is thinking he is saving his arm for the future, but that is just a guess.
I was also hearing that they could have won if he hadn't gotten hurt...if thats true then I wouldn't call them a team. I believe that one person should not make the difference between winning and losing, if they do then its not a strong team....

Yea Ive been hearing that also, but I didn't know Colt played Defense???...Still couldn't stop our running backs.

The only reason the Tide hit a slump in the 3rd quarter, they had already thought they had won and was trying to kill the clock rather than move the ball.

But all in all I hate it for Mccoy, but I was kind of wondering during the game if it was that he was saving his arm also. I mean usually when you see the parents involved if it isn't a serious injury they come to make the decision on playtime. :shrug:

majek5
Sat, January 9th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Pull the starting QB from any team and see what happens. Look at the Indy Colts. You pull Peyton, the team grinds to a halt. If the back up kicker gets hurt in pregame, no effect on the game. It has to be a team effort, agreed, but key players will affect the outcome.

88Racing
Sat, January 9th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Pull the starting QB from any team and see what happens. Look at the Indy Colts. You pull Peyton, the team grinds to a halt. If the back up kicker gets hurt in pregame, no effect on the game. It has to be a team effort, agreed, but key players will affect the outcome.

How very true!