PDA

View Full Version : got chip in and here is my opinion?

dieselfreek
Thu, January 28th, 2010, 02:05 PM
it is faster and smoother than the dp tuner i had,power difference is a big one? the smoke show is not so much? and drive through is not that much difference? so i would have got 2 different tunes in those spots.my dp tuner would roll the coal on 120 and their is not much difference in the 140 and smoke show on the php? just telling my experience for anybody looking at the php for their truck i would do it again,thanks

Buddy Starr
Thu, January 28th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Which one shifts firmer? Any mpg difference?

soutthpaw
Thu, January 28th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Ha look, Buddy starr is a local (to me).... the smoke show is an easy fix just gotta bump up the Low boost fuel a little bit... I think Bill usually uses around 95% but I understand you can take it up to about 115%... Its based of the 140 or 120 tune so not too much difference between the two except your EGT's will climb faster under load than the standard 140hp tune. I never tried or have a use for the drive thru tune... again I am sure Bill could hook you up with a different tune in that spot.. all ya gotta do is ask and you shall receive.... I am pretty sure Bill will swap you out one paid tune for another for nothing more than shipping if ya ask nicely...
Nice to hear your comparison between the DP Tuner tunes and PHP tunes. I would say that your review is pretty unbiased too as you put out the money for both tuners.... what tunes did you have on the DP tuner and which tunes did you get from Bill??

907DAVE
Thu, January 28th, 2010, 09:37 PM
it is faster and smoother than the dp tuner i had,power difference is a big one? the smoke show is not so much? and drive through is not that much difference? so i would have got 2 different tunes in those spots.my dp tuner would roll the coal on 120 and their is not much difference in the 140 and smoke show on the php? just telling my experience for anybody looking at the php for their truck i would do it again,thanks

I was confused, I thought you were asking questions.

Glad to hear you like it.

Buddy Starr
Thu, January 28th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Soutthpaw: hey there neighbor!

Dieselfreek: as far as the horsepower being better, you talking seat of the pants or do you have any Dyno or 0-60 times?

cleatus12r
Thu, January 28th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Off topic....

I made two motorcycle trips from Colorado Springs to Fountain.

WOW. Sweet stretch of road for a crotch rocket (minus some traffic congestion).

Buddy Starr
Thu, January 28th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I 25 or Academy Blvd? With light traffic both are excellent for a rice rocket or a PSD.

cleatus12r
Thu, January 28th, 2010, 10:11 PM
I can't remember because it's been a few years. I know that the highway was divided by concrete barriers most of the way. The rest of it was just a blur....:cool:

soutthpaw
Thu, January 28th, 2010, 10:27 PM
just go west on 24 up into the mountains then it gets fun....

88Racing
Thu, January 28th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Aw!
Soutthpaw you changed your sig!:shrug:
What's Jack going to think about you not having his quote anymore?:confused:

soutthpaw
Thu, January 28th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Aw!
Soutthpaw you changed your sig!:shrug:
What's Jack going to think about you not having his quote anymore?:confused:

it was time for a change :giggle: