PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel alignment time

epowers777
Sun, January 31st, 2010, 03:55 AM
I need to get my truck aligned. I just got it 99 ford f350 4x4 dually. It pulles to the left. the dealer took the front tires off put them in the inner rear dually. The out side tred is worn and inside is still thick. So is there anything I need to look for before i take it in. The power steering pump has a small leak in it Im sure that has nothing to do with it. Nothing feels loose while driving either.
Also do you recommend taking it to the ford dealer or a tire shop?
It has 230,000 Miles on it.

907DAVE
Sun, January 31st, 2010, 05:06 AM
If you are experiencing uneven tire wear you have a camber, or toe issue. But toe will not cause a pull to one side or the other(unless when driving on patches of ice), so most likely your pull is caused by excessive camber. It will pull to the side with the most camber (the tire that leans outward at the top the most). Shouldn't matter who you take your truck to, maybe ask around and find reputable shop.

epowers777
Sun, January 31st, 2010, 04:00 PM
Ok someone told me to check something I just cant remember the name of it on the axle. Les schwab is suppose to be rep. but I would think ford dealer always does the big trucks.

soutthpaw
Sun, January 31st, 2010, 08:56 PM
make sure u tell them you want before and after print outs of the alignment... all modern alignment machines do that. I just got my alignment done at Pep Boys. though u need to call whatever shop you use as many dont have an alignment rack long enough or powerful enough to lift a 4 ton truck... I am speaking from experience... kinda funny to watch the rack struggle to raise the vehicle and then poop out.... if you need the camber adjusted I would find yourself a specialty alignment shop or a shop that does big rig and rv alignment work if you want it done right...