PDA

View Full Version : Injector question

epowers777
Tue, February 2nd, 2010, 07:02 AM
I have a few questions about my injectors.
1. Got 230000 miles guess Im ready for new injectors?
2. is there a test to find out if you have leaky inj drippy inj or bad spray.
3 Do you recommend rebuild a diy HERE (http://www.diy-injectors.com/) or getting new inj.

907DAVE
Tue, February 2nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
Injector are best left to the pro's. I went the DIY route on my first set of hybrids, and it was not hard at all to take them apart and "rebuild them", the instructions were clear and easy to understand. But afterward you have no way to verify flow, or balance between them. FWIW I would spend an extra $200 and have them professionally done.

Georgia Diesel
Tue, February 2nd, 2010, 07:04 PM
Injector are best left to the pro's. I went the DIY route on my first set of hybrids, and it was not hard at all to take them apart and "rebuild them", the instructions were clear and easy to understand. But afterward you have no way to verify flow, or balance between them. FWIW I would spend an extra $200 and have them professionally done.
I have worked on these trucks for years, injectors are something i leave to people that know what they are doing(not saying you dont).The only person i let do any injectors I have is ryan at full force diesel...He is the man.I have never had any issues with injectors that i send to him..Customer service is top notch with him..Give him a call you will not be disapointed.Dave is right, you want these things flowed and balanced.

Buddy Starr
Tue, February 2nd, 2010, 08:34 PM
Just sent my Injectors to Rosewood Diesel for stage two's.:evillol: There is no need for a core charge if you can have your truck down while they rebuild your injectors. They will only replace the parts that are needed. (with your permission) Removing and re-installing the injectors is not that difficult for the average DIY kind of guy.You can get instructions from Beans Diesel Performance. (Excellent instructions)

Rosewood Diesel: there price is right, service is excellent and all are flow tested before they leave there shop. I have heard great response from there customers on other forums.

epowers777
Tue, February 2nd, 2010, 11:51 PM
Whats the price he charge you will he just do straight rebuild to stock or just preformance rebuilds?

Buddy Starr
Wed, February 3rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Go to diy-injectors.com:thumbs up yellow:

Buddy Starr
Wed, February 3rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Almost forgot...they rebuild for stock or performance. Pricing is listed on website.

epowers777
Thu, February 4th, 2010, 05:24 AM
I looked all they have is diy ones do they have ones already done?

Buddy Starr
Thu, February 4th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Go to diy-injectors.com. On the left side of there homepage click on performance parts store. Next select your vehicle. Now click on 7.3L Diesel Performance parts and Accessories. Now click on Performance Injectors. At the top of the next page click on Budget Built Injectors or click on Premium Built Injectors. Now read. Your stock overhaul starts at $500.00 with them doing the work.:thumbs up yellow:

epowers777
Fri, February 5th, 2010, 04:13 AM
What type of injectores do I have? 99 7.3l f350 dually?

Georgia Diesel
Fri, February 5th, 2010, 04:57 AM
could be AB or AD.

Buddy Starr
Fri, February 5th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Call Ford with your Vin number.

ChuckD
Fri, February 5th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Do a buzz test and cylinder contribution test first.

epowers777
Fri, February 5th, 2010, 04:49 PM
How do I do that? Is that a pop test to make sure cylinders are firing?

907DAVE
Fri, February 5th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Do a buzz test and cylinder contribution test first.

Beware, this test will only prove that the injector solenoid and injector wiring is OK. It will not show if the injector is mechanically sound.

Driximus
Sun, February 7th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I did my Injectors with Rosewood had them rebuild them very happy with them.

ChuckD
Sun, February 7th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Beware, this test will only prove that the injector solenoid and injector wiring is OK. It will not show if the injector is mechanically sound.

True but will help you know if you will need a solinoid when doing a rebuild.