PDA

View Full Version : Overboost code regulator?

wolfrace
Wed, February 3rd, 2010, 01:22 PM
Is a overboost code regulator helpful or needed with the PHP tunes?

cleatus12r
Wed, February 3rd, 2010, 01:34 PM
Technically it really helps to have one. Is it necessary, not really, but the check engine light MAY come on even though no "defueling" is taking place.

It's really a hardware issue at levels above 22-24 PSI because that's all the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor is capable of reading. At that point, the voltage output to the PCM is maxed out and the PCM's voltage threshold has been reached and it can't recognize higher boost anyway.

I would suggest to anyone to run one regardless of who is doing the tuning because physical and electronic limits are limits no matter how you look at it.

wolfrace
Wed, February 3rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Technically it really helps to have one. Is it necessary, not really, but the check engine light MAY come on even though no "defueling" is taking place.

It's really a hardware issue at levels above 22-24 PSI because that's all the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor is capable of reading. At that point, the voltage output to the PCM is maxed out and the PCM's voltage threshold has been reached and it can't recognize higher boost anyway.

I would suggest to anyone to run one regardless of who is doing the tuning because physical and electronic limits are limits no matter how you look at it.

Thanks Cody I will get one :cheesy smile:

KT Performance
Mon, February 8th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Here is the one I run on my truck. (http://www.ktperformance.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_61_620&products_id=385)

Kenny