PDA

View Full Version : Z MAX

banks
Sun, February 1st, 2009, 08:24 AM
has anyone used z max or have any thoughts about it, just curios if it really helps get reed of the carbon build up in the motor

Power Hungry
Sun, February 1st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Never heard of it.

One thing I've used for over 20 years is Berryman's B-12 Chemtool.

http://www.berrymanproducts.com/

This stuff is absolutely the BEST fuel injection cleaner on the planet. When you run it, it will actually remove the carbon buildup for the injector nozzles and intake valves.

Just an example:

We had a 96 Corsica that developed a miss on Cyl. 3 and would actually set a check engine light for a Cyl. 3 misfire. After a full tune-up (plugs, wires, oil change) the engine still had a miss on Cyl. 3 and further investigation revealed that the #3 injector wasn't firing properly.

Well, I wasn't terribly excited about the prospect of replacing the injector... not that it's that difficult. I just didn't feel like pulling the intake plenum off to get to the injectors. I made a trip over to the local Napa and picked up two small bottles of B-12 Chemtool thinking that it couldn't make things any worse. One bottle in the tank and by the time I was halfway through the tank, the misfire was gone and the CEL was also gone. By the second tank and second bottle, the car had never run better and our fuel economy improved as well.

Of course, it's my fault for neglecting the injection system in the first place. Sometimes you just forget these things. However, B-12 has been around for a LONG time and we used it undiluted for fuel injection services years ago.

Hope this helps.

SinCityFX4
Sun, February 1st, 2009, 06:04 PM
Never heard of it.

One thing I've used for over 20 years is Berryman's B-12 Chemtool.

http://www.berrymanproducts.com/

This stuff is absolutely the BEST fuel injection cleaner on the planet. When you run it, it will actually remove the carbon buildup for the injector nozzles and intake valves.

Just an example:

We had a 96 Corsica that developed a miss on Cyl. 3 and would actually set a check engine light for a Cyl. 3 misfire. After a full tune-up (plugs, wires, oil change) the engine still had a miss on Cyl. 3 and further investigation revealed that the #3 injector wasn't firing properly.

Well, I wasn't terribly excited about the prospect of replacing the injector... not that it's that difficult. I just didn't feel like pulling the intake plenum off to get to the injectors. I made a trip over to the local Napa and picked up two small bottles of B-12 Chemtool thinking that it couldn't make things any worse. One bottle in the tank and by the time I was halfway through the tank, the misfire was gone and the CEL was also gone. By the second tank and second bottle, the car had never run better and our fuel economy improved as well.

Of course, it's my fault for neglecting the injection system in the first place. Sometimes you just forget these things. However, B-12 has been around for a LONG time and we used it undiluted for fuel injection services years ago.

Hope this helps.

hehehe.I love that stuff!!