PDA

View Full Version : Monday of Mondays

Dixie Design
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Had a heck of a day! Just need to vent, so hopefully y'all don't mind listening for bit.

Started with a W2 I got Saturday from a previous employer. I worked part time for them for 6 weeks, and they claimed on my W2 they paid me $6100 for those 6 weeks. I WISH! Wouldn't be that big of a deal, but the W2 indicated I only paid taxes on $1700 of that $6100. Duh, because they only paid me $1700. Called them to get my W2 corrected and they refused, said it was correct. It will all work out, my wife is a CPA who works under the State Auditor, so we'll get it straight on our end, I just feel bad for them when things start straightening out over there too! Things didn't work out too well at that place to begin with, they got busted for financial fraud when i worked there. After that they started shorting my paychecks and some of them even started bouncing. I complained 3 times that my paychecks were short or bounced, the day after my 3rd complaint they fired me.

Headache #2 was that they cut our hours at work, from 8-5 to 9-4 due to the "slowing economy." It that's going to hurt, but luckily I have a 2nd part time job and own my side business. Then come to find out, they hired another designer (the owner's buddy) so looks like the "slowing economy" was really them cutting our hours us to make room for him. Talk about a slap in the face.

Next up, I applied for a civil service job with the Air Force, something I'd really like to do. Had about 6 pages of paperwork to fill out, one question which was "Have you ever been fired from a job, and if so what were the circumstances." So obviously, and especially on a declaration for Federal Employment, I told them about that place that screwed me and the events leading up to it. So the Air Force called today to ask for permission to call that former employer... yeah the one who's lying on my W2, bounced my paychecks then fired me.

Thought that was it? I messed up on an estimate and invoice with a client for my side business, quoted them the wrong cost cost on 150 t-shirts and had already donated the art and design to them. So instead of making my margin on the shirts and design, I had to eat it.

The good news: I found $40 in my truck when I was looking for my phone charger :) Other than that everything REALLY :throwup: but I'm trying to keep my nose up and wings level. I AM thankful that I have 3 jobs, my health, family, house and of course my F150 :cool_beans:

Just needed to vent! Thanks y'all.

Neal

Jackpine
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Wow! I'm going to "hope", that since you were so up-front with the circumstances of the "firing", that the Air Force investigators will be able to see through the "fog". I'd think the error on your W2, if you can prove it, will be a BIG step in supporting your position.

Good luck, buddy!

- Jack

Corey Cohron RIP
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 06:50 PM
Imagine my horror when I received a 1099 for almost $12,000 from our 401K company today! I immediately called them and after a few minutes of checking, the lady on the other end told me that the last payment made to a loan we took out against our 401K was in July 2008 and that the loan was in default! "Oh, no," I told her, "We made our payment on October 14."

She did a little checking and it turns out that the payment in October was in their system, but I didn't click on the SUBMIT button.

WTF?!? :cursin:

I was in tears, literally, begging this lady to do something about it. Because we own our own company, our taxes are going to be ridiculous anyway, but to add another $12,000... as Neal said: :throwup:

I guess my panic helped because she put me on hold and came back to tell me that they would be sending me out a revised 1099 to negate the one I have and that they would take our loan out of default.

Whew.

Now I'm going to take some Tylenol Sinus (it's always something with me, isn't it?) and try to get some sleep.

Neal, you're in our prayers, Hon. OH! And I also thought of something to be thankful for -- going to an awesome hockey :hockeypuck: game on Saturday with some very :cool: people... :hehe:

Power Hungry
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Hope you've got the pay stubs! That'll shut them up for sure.

Sorry to hear about your Monday. We get those days from time to time as well. Like Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) said in "Shawshank Redemption", "Bad luck, I guess... It floats around. Has to land on somebody. Say a storm comes through. Some folks sit in their living rooms and enjoy the rain. The house next door gets torn out of the ground and smashed flat. It was my turn, that's all. I was in the path of the tornado. I just had no idea the storm would go on as long as it has."

Hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day! :2thumbs: Here's a little sunshine to jump-start your day tomorrow. :sun: :beachgrin:

Dixie Design
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the well wishes guys!

Yup! Have the paystubs! We're cool as far as that goes just didn't need the added headache.

I figure the Man upstairs is looking out for me with the job application, either He REALLY doesn't want me to get that job :smiley_roll1: or he'll take care of it :2thumbs:

johnnyd
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 07:18 PM
Dixie, wow, you really did have a Monday of Mondays. When I read that you found 40 bucks in your truck I had to chuckle. I know it's not funny but I guess after the day you had you probably chuckled to when you found it.

Sleep well and good luck tomorrow man :thumbsup:

Corey Cohron RIP
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
Every once in awhile when we happen to have some spare cash :smiley_roll1:

Sorry, I seem to have cracked myself up.

Okay, so on the rare occasions when we have some spare cash, I like to "hide" $5, $10, and $20 bills in stupid places... in a folder in the file cabinet, in a shoe... dumb places. As you might guess, I totally forget where I've put them and eventually forget about them, which is totally the point. :notallthere:

Imagine how fun it is, though, when I come across them -- months, even YEARS later! :woohoo:

Okay, I KNOW this sounds lame, but there have been a few times in the dozen years that Billy and I've been together that we were totally broke. It's during these times that I discovered how much joy finding $10 bucks could bring. I imagine that somewhere in the back of my mind I'm always fearful of being in that position again, and so I set myself up so that I will have something to unexpectedly find!

Dang. After typing that, I'm thinking that this post is worth, like, $100 bucks worth of therapy! Now, I should take that $100 and hide it somewhere... :hehe:

Power Hungry
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 09:10 PM
Dang. After typing that, I'm thinking that this post is worth, like, $100 bucks worth of therapy! Now, I should take that $100 and hide it somewhere... :hehe:

You're welcome to hide it in my back pocket... That certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings! :cool_beans:

bbbxcursion
Tue, February 3rd, 2009, 12:30 AM
Monday's always suck, that's why they don't count. Whatever happens on Monday, stays with Monday. There is a better day ahead!