PDA

View Full Version : New Engine....

roosterdiesel
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 08:03 PM
Fired off the engine I rebuilt with forged rods, head studs and valve springs!:woot: It took almost a year but it's running. Now to start over with a HyperMax rodded block.:doh:

Only tried out the stockish tune from TDP and it was running smooth. May have a slight boost leak, definitely have an oil leak and a broken bypas nipple on the coolant reservoir.

I do say....only driving it 2 miles stock, I love driving the Ford over CTD common rail dawdge I've been driving. Don't get me wrong....Destroked common rail conversion did cross my mind.

Power Hungry
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
Freakin' awesome! :2thumbs:

It's always a treat to hit the key and hear the magical sounds of all 8 cylinders rumbling happily. :D

roosterdiesel
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
Yup....felt great!

Should have primed the oil rails but it finally kicked off with continual refilling of the HPOP reservoir.

Now we've got to get my burner figured out...I'm going to install Phoenix flash on puter at work and see what it does.

cleatus12r
Tue, February 3rd, 2009, 08:51 AM
It's always a treat to hit the key and hear the magical sounds of all 8 cylinders rumbling happily. :D

Actually, that part comes after the anxiety that rears it's ugly head wondering where that extra bolt was supposed to go....:smiley_roll1:

444smoker
Wed, February 25th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Actually, that part comes after the anxiety that rears it's ugly head wondering where that extra bolt was supposed to go....:smiley_roll1:

HA HA this statement couldn't be more true, I was sweating bullets about the extra bolts and plugs that i had setting on the bench:doh: But all was well and my motor is running great as well, just need to get the software and start doing some tuning.

Robert