PDA

View Full Version : "ifs" injectors???

hayjayhorses
Fri, April 16th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I just pulled a valve cover on my father '99 F450. 3 of the injectors have
" ifs " on the solenoid. I searched for it on line but I got nothing. Dose anyone know who or what ifs is?

907DAVE
Fri, April 16th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Must be the initials from the company that re-maned them.

Don't know who though.

hayjayhorses
Fri, April 16th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah must be, this truck had a #7 cylinder balance/fault, so I pulled the injector and I took the solenoid off and the armiture plate was loose. So I tightened the screw up reinstalled the injector now the truck runs fine.:)

The lesson leared?? Pull the solenoid before removing the injector.

907DAVE
Fri, April 16th, 2010, 11:56 PM
WOW.......Those things are pretty darn tight, I am surprised it came loose.

You must have the special tool to tighten that guy, unless that was one of the re-man injectors.

hayjayhorses
Sat, April 17th, 2010, 12:05 AM
they are remans, it had a T10 torx

do you know what to torque those too.

by the way how is your truck running?

907DAVE
Sat, April 17th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Torque them to 70in/lb.

Truck is running great, I am trying to fine tune the turbo's (compounds are confusing:crazy:), and the tuning (tuning is confusing:crazy:).:smiley_roll1:

907DAVE
Sat, April 17th, 2010, 12:21 AM
PM sent...........:D

DZL JIM
Sun, May 16th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I'm a little late on this one, but yeah, IFS is a big reman company for Ford.
Hands down almost all of the IFS injectors I work on are SHOT. They throw some new parts in them and do nothing to fix the actual wear, and most times it's these injectors that fail again.

I cringe when I get an IFS injector, and about pass out when there's 4 or 5 in the set...I know then it's going to be a long day...

hayjayhorses
Thu, May 20th, 2010, 12:52 AM
I'm a little late on this one, but yeah, IFS is a big reman company for Ford.
Hands down almost all of the IFS injectors I work on are SHOT. They throw some new parts in them and do nothing to fix the actual wear, and most times it's these injectors that fail again.

I cringe when I get an IFS injector, and about pass out when there's 4 or 5 in the set...I know then it's going to be a long day...

I can tell the injectors in this truck are not for long. I went through the paperwork we got for this truck, when we bought it, the injectors were replaced by a Ford dealer in Albany, NY as "new injectors" and the bill was for $3850:censored1:, this included oil, oil filter, and fuel filter. Also there is only 50,000 ish miles on the injectors.

The best part is the clearance under the Armature plate (What Jim Rosewood call measurement A) was less than 0.0015":smiley_roll1: (the smallest feeler gauge I have)
on all for odd # injectors. That was while the engine was warm to the touch.
I will shim them up when it get cold this fall.

If they were new (50k ago) they should but at least 0.003"

Buy the way, Jim your web site and talking with you on the phone has helped me out a lot and save my thousands $$ in the past few years, Thanks :thumbs up yellow: