PDA

View Full Version : suspension question

fifity
Fri, April 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Hey all,

So far on my 2002 4x4 dually, I have Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners, but stock height as far as I can tell. Oh and the rear has airbags that seem to be tied into the hitch. (I have only had the truck for 8,000 miles)

I am going on a trip at the end of may that is going to include a couple hundred miles possibly of fire roads...

Do I need to worry about anything. Should I look into upgrading anything so that I might be able to not only creep along at 15mph but maybe pick it up to 30 or so?

907DAVE
Fri, April 30th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Be sure to keep the minimum pressure in the bags or they can pinch. I usually keep mine around 10-15psi when I am not loaded, or plan on hauling anything.

Keep a close eye on your parking brake cables as these can snag easily on sticks and branches. Also check to make sure the differential breather tubes are still intact and do not have any cracks, just in case you have any water crossings.

Other than making sure all the fluids are topped off you should be good to go.

Ohh.......you might bring a spare CPS and 10mm socket and ratchet juuuuust in case.:cheesy smile:

Robert6401
Sun, May 2nd, 2010, 12:18 PM
If you don't already have some good offroad tires, get some. Duallies are notorious for being bad in dirt, so you'll want any advantage you can get. A winch wouldn't be a bad investment either.