PDA

View Full Version : Finally mailed off my Edge!

seeleyra
Thu, February 5th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Oh yeah! Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh! I can not wait! Whoo hoo! Thanks again Corey for all the patience and help with guiding me as to what to do!

Power Hungry
Thu, February 5th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Oh great... Now we'll have another customer burning up the asphalt! :3gears:

Just don't blame us for speeding tickets and bald tires. :D

seeleyra
Fri, February 6th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Who me? :angel2::angel2::smiley_roll1:

seeleyra
Fri, February 6th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I do have a quick question though...

I have spoke with Corey via e-mail a few times and as usual I am second guessing my order. lol (I do this a lot)

My truck ran like crap with the Evo on any setting due to the K&N 57-2556 CAI. I have since sent the unit in for upgrade and requested the following custom tunes;

87 Stock Tranny
87 Custom Tow
87 Custom Performance

My question is this... Does this mean that my truck will still run like crap if set on the 87 Stock Tranny mode? Or should I have upped it to a 87 Custom Tranny?

It's bad enough I get confused easy about this stuff, then I start thinking and it gets worse! LOLOL

Jackpine
Fri, February 6th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Why don't you just leave the Level 1 tune alone and never use it? That's what I do with my Gryphon. I have two custom tunes and I never use the third tune, which is the canned 91+ octane tune. A transmission only tune made no sense to me so I had it changed to a Level 1 87 octane economy tune, for daily driving.

I should add that any tune you have should take into account that you have the CAI. A stock tune will not do this and yes, it may well run like crap on a stock tune.

- Jack

Power Hungry
Fri, February 6th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Like Jack mentioned, there's no reason to pay for a tune you're not going to use. If you have a good reason to run a trans only tune, then it's worth it to get it updated to work with the CAI. If you have no plans to ever use it, just leave it alone and save the money.

The other option is to go with something like a 91 performance tune instead of the trans only. I mean if you're going to pay for it, get something useful.

Hope this helps.

seeleyra
Fri, February 6th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Well when i had it working i only used level 1 and 2, I never even tried 3. Is the Tranny one and the economy one pretty much the same? I take long trips once in a while where an economy tune would be nice. OMG, this is driving me batty now! LOL
Is the level 1 economy and the level 2 towing pretty similar? I need to make up my mind quick! LOL

Power Hungry
Fri, February 6th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Actually, an "Economy" program is more closely related to the "Performance" program. The "Tow" program is going to have elevated shifts and a slightly richer AFR (for better torque), which is the exact opposite of what you're looking for with fuel economy.

Jackpine
Fri, February 6th, 2009, 05:28 PM
And the "tranny" program is just that - improved shifting and not much else. You get improved shifting with any non-stock tune, so you might as well get something more in the bargain.

- Jack

seeleyra
Fri, February 6th, 2009, 07:27 PM
So the order form is correct then for my needs? I run the Level 1 90% of the time, and occasionally tow. I have never used the performance one, but if I get a wild hair it would be nice to know it's there.

So if the Economy and the Performance are pretty much the same, I should just shut up, relax and do like Corey suggested! LOL

Stock Tranny (never use)
Custom Tow
Custom Performance

You should have seen it when I was looking for my replacement gears! LOL

Power Hungry
Sat, February 7th, 2009, 08:36 AM
So if the Economy and the Performance are pretty much the same, I should just shut up, relax and do like Corey suggested! LOL

You should have seen it when I was looking for my replacement gears! LOL

Would never tell you to shut up. I'd much rather you ask questions now than to try and go back later and fix something because there was a miscommunication.

As for the gears... :lol: