PDA

View Full Version : a/c boost with heater house valve question

fifity
Fri, May 28th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Anyone have a link on which hose to put the valve on and what size valve to do it on? Coming into summer and about to take a trip out to the desert come sunday...

Tried searching on powerstroke.org with out much luck. my serch-fu is weak.

hayjayhorses
Sat, May 29th, 2010, 12:14 AM
your heater hose is 5/8"

I used a 3/4" ball valve with two 3/4" NPT to 5/8" barb, the aforementioned fitting who will most likely find in the area of the hardware store were they have garden hose repair kits, most garden hoses are 5/8"

As for what line, I put the valve in the line coming out of the head, I think that is were the coolant flows to the heater core. I saw a medium duty IHC with a T444 that had the heater core shut off valve screwed right into the head.

cj45lc
Thu, June 3rd, 2010, 10:27 AM
I put the Vac operated shut-off valve in the hose coming off the head. Valve was NAPA part # BK6601866. Put the vac t in the white line that is in pass side cab just above the carpet that goes to the silver vac cannister, there is a rubber plug in the firewall just to the right of cannister I cut small hole in & ran vac line through. It shuts off the flow to heat core in the max A/C. Made a noticeable diff in cab temp. There are a bunch of diff ways to do this on FTE.

fifity
Tue, June 8th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I want to do that. That sounds great...now just to order the part and find the vacuum lines!