PDA

View Full Version : tranny angry need help adjusting

epowers777
Sat, June 12th, 2010, 06:14 PM
If you have been following me I have done alot to my truck. My truck is angry. At idle or rolling and letting go of the gas there feels like a jerk from the tranny. I removed the electrical modual on the tranny when I changed the oil. Do I need to adjust it and which way do I need to turn it?

epowers777
Sat, June 12th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Looks like I'm wrong. You can't adjust it? I looked and don't see the adjustments. Is it my single shot injectors doing this? it idles ruff but would it cause it to shift wired?

907DAVE
Sun, June 13th, 2010, 03:18 AM
What electrical module are you talking about?

The injectors will act very different than the stockers and will really play games with the shifting strategies and pressures.

I would wait until you get proper programming on the truck before you start condemning parts.

epowers777
Sun, June 13th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I confirmed with hayjay that we have the same symptoms driving without the programs. I plug the fu chip back in on 65 HP Eco and it seemed to shift better. Still ruff can't waited for the new tunes!

hayjayhorses
Sat, July 10th, 2010, 02:28 AM
I confirmed with hayjay that we have the same symptoms driving without the programs. I plug the fu chip back in on 65 HP Eco and it seemed to shift better. Still ruff can't waited for the new tunes!

Yes mu '00 F550 auto dose the same thing, going on 10K miles like this, I am having a PCM modded (by PHP):cheesy smile: to take care of this issue, I am also putting a 6 speed:happy-dancing:(I hate automatics) in my F550, so I am not going to bother with the chip, since the modded manual trans PCM will fix it

I call the "jerk" drive line slap:doh:

I try not to let other people drive the truck, but I have not problems because I trained my self not to let it "slap" the drive line

Dose your truck push a little black smoke just off idle?