PDA

View Full Version : tuning for competitors chip

mjp
Sun, June 13th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Been searching, cant find an answer yet. I currently have a dptuner f5 chip, but would like to have php tuning instead.
Are they able to add tunes to an f5, or do I have to chuck my chip and get a fu2 package?

Corey Cohron RIP
Sun, June 13th, 2010, 08:16 PM
We can; however, it's sometimes not worth rocking the proverbial boat. :whistle1:

I know you have a good chunk of change invested in it, so I hate suggesting that you sell it, but that might be the best way to go if you're interested in the FU. I'd sell it over on FTE; they seem to have the most DP cheerleaders so you'd probably be able to get the most $ over there. ;)

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you!

mjp
Sun, June 13th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I dont have alot of mods planned for the future, I just want to retune for my current setup. I just need to compare the cost of tuning my f5 against an fu2 package. I know you guys are busy this week, so I'll try and contact you through pm or email.

Thanks again, Micah.

Corey Cohron RIP
Sun, June 13th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks, Micah. Just FYI, Wednesday will probably be the only crazy day here. :crazy: Phones are M & F 12-4 and T & Th 5-9. We'd love to chat with you. You can also e-mail your phone number to Cody (phpdiesel@phptune.com) and he can give you a shout or exchange e-mails with ya! :)

Robert6401
Mon, June 14th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Welcome to the DARK SIDE! :D

FYI, I say that because I, too, am an active member of FTE. They speak highly of PHP and Bill's tunes, but DP rules the coop over there.

Corey Cohron RIP
Mon, June 14th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Oh, we can't complain, Robert6401, because on F150online, PHP can do no wrong. ;) Gosh, we don't even get a chance to get over there and post much anymore, but 95% of our gas business comes from that forum.

We recently dropped sponsorship on FTE -- not because of who rules the roost -- but rather the fact that favoritism is shown to certain vendors and not others by the staff. That just wasn't fair. As a former teacher, I'm all about treating everyone fairly. :)

Firehunter
Thu, June 17th, 2010, 10:55 PM
We can; however, it's sometimes not worth rocking the proverbial boat.

Micah, I just went though the same process and the tunes on my F-5's were written with some sort of code that made it so Bill couldn't overwrite them or even write a tune on a blank position. I eventually got the chips back and just finished selling them and ordering new chips from PHP.

Sad but selling your F-5 on FTE sounds like the best way to go IMO. :matt-roloff:

mjp
Fri, June 18th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Hey firehunter, thanks for the info. How long did it take to sell your f-5?
I talked to Cody about my chip and it might be old enough that it doesn't have those security features.
It's already in the mail and I'll find out soon enough.
Hopefully I'll be on the DARK SIDE real soon :D

Firehunter
Fri, June 18th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Hey firehunter, thanks for the info. How long did it take to sell your f-5?
I talked to Cody about my chip and it might be old enough that it doesn't have those security features.
It's already in the mail and I'll find out soon enough.
Hopefully I'll be on the DARK SIDE real soon :D

Not long, I sold them both on PSN as I am not a member at FTE so it took a bit longer. Both chips had solid offers within a week.

My F-5's were last updated in Feb of 2009 for reference.