PDA

View Full Version : hesitation problem with new tunes pls forward bill

epowers777
Tue, July 13th, 2010, 07:57 PM
I have been trying to call php for 3 days friday monday tuesday and called about 50 times so please forward this to bill. I have a hesitation problem. while Im at a stop light waiting when it turns green i tap the gas to take off and theres a bad hesitation. The engine almost wants to die then it comes to life and goes. It does this majority of the time. Twice yesterday in traffic the engine died by hitting the gas then braking cause the driver in front of me. if I romp on it it goes but if i tap the gas theres a bad hesitation. Also im getting horrible milage 15 mpg.
i just cleaned out my ebp sensor so I hope that
helps please let me know i think its a tune problem.

epowers777
Wed, July 14th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Called about 20 times I need help truck died taking off twice twice today.

Longshot270
Wed, July 14th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Ok, I'll direct Bill to this thread.

epowers777
Thu, July 15th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Thank you!

Power Hungry
Thu, July 15th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Cody or I will be in touch this morning.

Take care.

cleatus12r
Thu, July 15th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Eric,

Keep in mind that our phone hours are 12-5 EST M-F and our phone hours have been listed on the website for as long as it's been up.

I will be calling you in a little bit (still early on the west coast).

cleatus12r
Thu, July 15th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I just called and left a message. Please feel free to call within the next 5 hours.

epowers777
Thu, July 15th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Just woke up. I work late nights. I will call you soon my wife has a doctors appointment I need to take her to. Yes I know the phone hours but I did notice the number is different for Tue one you called me with than what's in my phone. Mmmmm well thanks call you soon.

cleatus12r
Thu, July 15th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Eric was able to get through today so I gave him a test to try out before we had the possibility of chasing our tails in the tuning.

He will post back any results.

epowers777
Thu, July 15th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Here is an update
I unplugged my sensor that's on the driver side head to see if I had a hpop pressure problem. Cody explained to me that there is a valve or plunger in there that adjust the oil pressure for my injectors at low rpm and sometimes it gets sticky or worn out. Well by plugging the sensor the idle was much quieter and seems like the problem went away. Tomorrow I will get my friends scanner and get Cody some more readings such as pressure etc.
If your reading this and your new I was calling the old number da I'm a dork! Cody is very respectful and knowledgable and they will help you out. Php is a great company.

epowers777
Fri, July 16th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I got to get another reader my buddies wont to the pressure reading. I got three codes exhaust back pressure, cam sensor, and I think the othere is for icp will post codes tonight.

epowers777
Sat, July 17th, 2010, 07:22 AM
I got the other scanner and it goes to live data and says n/a it only allows one monitor to work map sensor. I'm confused do I need q special scanner?

907DAVE
Sat, July 17th, 2010, 11:46 AM
What brand of scan tool have you been using?

Any decent scanner should nave no problem viewing ICP.

epowers777
Sat, July 17th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Obd 2 crappy scanner ! Got one more coming. I'm about ready to just order the sensor. It's funny the spotlight on top of the hill scares me even in my new car! The new one didn't stall though.

907DAVE
Sat, July 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM
It's funny the spotlight on top of the hill scares me even in my new car! The new one didn't stall though.

Huh....?

epowers777
Sat, July 17th, 2010, 07:58 PM
It's suppose to say stop light. My Droid has a weired spell checker I miss the words sometimes.
My truck seems to stall or hesitate at that light all the time.

Dave again thanks for that part!

907DAVE
Sun, July 18th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Ohh OK, lil slow today......lol.

Glad I could help!

epowers777
Sun, July 18th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Cody here are my results,
my truck for some reason wont give me the info you want, I tried 3 scanners and the 3rd scanner was expensive and had 7.3 data installed. here are three pics of the scanner.
Also I ordered a icp sensor need my truck bad!!

cleatus12r
Sun, July 18th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Eric,

Being that unplugging the ICP sensor and driving the truck still got you the same results, I doubt it's the ICP sensor causing your problem. The last thing I wanted to have happen was to have you start throwing parts at the truck in an attempt to accidentally fix the problem. Unfortunately, the data you have there isn't helping anything. Throwing parts at a truck is a sure-fire way to spend a lot of money and not get anything accomplished. I realize that you need your truck and neither Bill or myself are happy that you're having problems right now.

I am still leaning toward the Injector Pressure Regulator on the back of the high pressure oil pump, but without actually being able to test out what I need to see, it's not possible to diagnose the problem.....and DON'T THROW ONE IN JUST BECAUSE I MENTIONED IT!! ;)

Have you removed the chip and tried it? That was Bill's next thought. Drive it around on the factory programming and try it.

epowers777
Sun, July 18th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I am changing the icp because when I pulled the plug there was some engine oil on the plug. What I was reading stated if you saw that it was going bad. I promise I won't buy any more parts! I will unplug the chip and try that.

epowers777
Sun, July 18th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I tried that and nothing different happened. Do you and bill remember my computer problem I had were we couldnt find the code on it. It was xx do you think maybe that has something to do with this.

cleatus12r
Mon, July 19th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Nothing different happened....What does that mean? Does it mean that it still hesitated and tried stalling with the chip removed?

Nothing would be affected other than a check engine light due to improperly working glow plugs (due to your truck having a glow plug module) if you were sent the wrong PCM code......and you have no diagnostic trouble codes so we won't even worry about the wrong calibration code.

epowers777
Mon, July 19th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Nothing happened meaning the code reader did not pick up any of the sensors. When I unplug the chip it runs horrible because of the single shot stage 2 injectors so I could tell a difference. BUT I got an update Cody.
I took out the ipr regulator and cleaned it,
cw-diesel.com/LuxSite/IPRInfo.htm
There is the link I found. Here is what I found.
The round magnet thing was not bolted down on the ipr regulator. It was just sliding back and forth. So would that cause an issue? I pulled the reg. Apart and cleaned it. I searched and found a pipe reducer that fit on the screw part on the reg. So I re installed the regulator put the magnet thing on, a bolt to take up space, and then tightened the reducer to hold everything into place. It's ghetto but it works. I drove down to auburn (430am) and back and no hesitation. Its still cool out so this evening i will drive it to test in the heat. Hopefully its fixed. Any comments?
Going to bed been up all night! Nighter

907DAVE
Mon, July 19th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Good find!

I have always wondered if there was a "IPR mod" that would get rid of that stamped nut and use and actual locking nut.

cleatus12r
Tue, July 20th, 2010, 05:09 PM
The round magnet thing was not bolted down on the ipr regulator. It was just sliding back and forth. So would that cause an issue?

Uh.....yes. :cheesy smile:

I am willing to bet that your issue is probably fixed.

cleatus12r
Wed, July 21st, 2010, 11:50 AM
Eric,

We at the office are wondering how your truck is reacting with the IPR solenoid "fixed". If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know.

We are hoping for closure.

epowers777
Wed, July 21st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Sorry I havent called got a lot on my plate. As for the hesitation problem it has seemed it has disappeared. The idle seems to still be a tad ruff. I am waiting for the new sensor to come in. If that doesnt fix it I will post again.
Thanks for wondering.

cleatus12r
Wed, July 21st, 2010, 06:33 PM
Just be aware that single shot injectors normally will be a bit rougher than splits, and a bit louder too.
(They don't have to be but without live tuning every truck will be a bit different.)