PDA

View Full Version : Am I leaving any power on the table?

PowaStroka
Tue, August 10th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I have heard people say that our trucks will de-fuel once the map sees 22psi.

22psi is all that I have seen on my gryphon, I think because that is as high as the map sensor will read. (so I guess I could be making more)

I also get a P0238 over boost, and P0478 exh back press.

If this is all true will a over boost relief valve cure my codes and give me full fuel? (more power)???

B

cleatus12r
Tue, August 10th, 2010, 03:19 PM
It will keep the engine from defueling at higher boost levels. The stock turbo is only good for about 25 PSI until you start running into durability issues and negative effects of too much drive pressure.

Your Gryphon will still not display over 22 PSI.

PowaStroka
Tue, August 10th, 2010, 03:23 PM
It will keep the engine from defueling at higher boost levels. The stock turbo is only good for about 25 PSI until you start running into durability issues and negative effects of too much drive pressure.

Your Gryphon will still not display over 22 PSI.

Hmmm? so is a OBA worth it to me? Do you think my truck is defueling? Should I grab a mechanical boost gauge?

Thanks for your input!

B

cleatus12r
Wed, August 11th, 2010, 11:02 AM
You would definitely feel it if it were defueling. With a stock turbocharger and high pressure oil system, these trucks really fall flat on their face after 2500 RPM anyway.

If you get a mechanical pressure gauge and temporarily install it, you can see what the truck is actually doing.

KT Performance
Tue, August 17th, 2010, 09:52 AM
If you do find it is de-fueling, you can buy a boost fooler. This one is plug-and-play easy installation and inexpensive. (http://ktperformance.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_61_620&products_id=385)

Kenny