PDA

View Full Version : Too Cold?

ccoll5
Thu, February 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Hey everyone. I just got my Gryphon in and I am dying to put it in, but it's 28 degrees here right now. Is that too cold? I'm pretty sure it is and I have to wait, but please tell me no lol.:cursin:

Jackpine
Thu, February 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Not really. Keep the Gryphon in the house till you're ready to install it. Get the truck's PCM nice and warm by running it. If you plan to mount it on your dash right away get the cable down and into position and up through the plastic mount now, before you start warming things up. Remember, the cable is not connected to the OBDII port from the Gryphon until you turn the ignition key ON (with the engine off). Keep your radio, AC blower, lights, etc off to minimize drain on the battery.

You should be good to go!

- Jack

ccoll5
Thu, February 19th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Great, I'm going outside to start the truck right now and let it warm up while I put the pod on and run the cable. Thanks.

bbbxcursion
Thu, February 19th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I just got done riding the Harley :nya-nya2:

seeleyra
Fri, February 20th, 2009, 05:31 AM
I just got done riding the Harley :nya-nya2:

LOL I rode mine to work yesterday too! :woot:

Power Hungry
Fri, February 20th, 2009, 06:20 AM
I went outside and checked the mail yesterday... does that count? :shrug:

seeleyra
Fri, February 20th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Sure! You're getting better milage than the rest of us! LOL

ccoll5
Fri, February 20th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Well you guys are no fun at all. It was 28 yesterday evening with a wind chill of 8. After I found out it was ok to put in the programmer as long as the pcm was warm, I gathered my stuff and started to go out of the apartment and looked outside and it was pouring snow. :cursin: So the Gryphon goes in today when I get home from work. :cry-blow:

ccoll5
Mon, February 23rd, 2009, 08:45 AM
Well I finally got it installed on Friday after work and all I can say is WOW!. I was not expecting to get pushed into the seat like that on level 2. I drove around all day Saturday trying to run the gas down so I could fill up on some premium (92 octane here). I finally got pretty low yesterday and filled up and loaded level 3. Let's just say my drive to work this morning wasn't as boring as usual :woot:

Corey Cohron RIP
Mon, February 23rd, 2009, 09:06 AM
So glad you're enjoying it, Chris! :D