PDA

View Full Version : Power steering

matt7.350
Sun, October 24th, 2010, 08:35 PM
So the line ( don't know if its the pressure in or out) for the hydro-boost blew again ( it blew in july on leave got it fixed then) when they went out to start it for me and run it for a little. are there any easy fixes for this like stronger fittings or any thing. By the way I'm just guessing it the line again because of where they said it was leaking from! Any help would be great Thank You

907DAVE
Tue, October 26th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Up here in AK, when a line blows we replace the line with an "Arctic Hose" which basically consist of cutting the old hose off of the hard line - brazing new fittings on - and replacing the hose with a hydraulic hose rated for 3k psi.

This setup last virtually forever, even at temps nearing -60. You can also us synthetic AFT which helps, and is mandatory at those temps.

Go talk to you local hydraulic center and see what they can do for ya, more than likely it will be cheaper than a replacement OEM hose.

matt7.350
Thu, October 28th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Thank You I will check that out when I get back. Now the 907 fits i couldn't think where I had heard that before! I was stationed at Ft Rich for 05-08