PDA

View Full Version : PCM code??? and tunes???

SubVet
Sat, October 30th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Ok, I'm about ready to order my chip, (6 position)

I think the PCM code is 2KWM or 2KMW it was very hard to read. I also saw a VCEE on the sticker

I don't tow often, but when I do it is around 8k, there could be occasions that I tow 10 or 11K, which tow setting should I get? Since I am planning only to get 1 tow setting.

This is what I am thinking, any thoughts? I mostly use the truck for fun, I like smoke, but want to preserve my transmission as long as possible and want the fuel economy.

1. Stock
2. High Idle - 1,100rpm
3. 80hp Daily Driver (how hard is this on my tranny?)
4. 65hp Moderate Tow ????
5. 100hp Performance
6. 140hp Extreme

My truck is a 99 (jan. 6 1999 build date on the motor) f250, 4" exhaust, 89k miles, 4x4, 4r100, 4 exhaust, Airaid intake, AIH delete, HPX, stock injectors, stock turbo, gauges (egt, trans, boost)

Thanks,
Jim

cleatus12r
Mon, November 1st, 2010, 05:13 PM
Ok, I'm about ready to order my chip, (6 position)

I think the PCM code is 2KWM or 2KMW it was very hard to read. I also saw a VCEE on the sticker If you check that PCM code again, you'll probably see that it says "NVK2".

I don't tow often, but when I do it is around 8k, there could be occasions that I tow 10 or 11K, which tow setting should I get? Since I am planning only to get 1 tow setting. Unless you have a pyrometer, I would recommend the 40T program.

This is what I am thinking, any thoughts? I mostly use the truck for fun, I like smoke, but want to preserve my transmission as long as possible and want the fuel economy. Smoke, fun, and power are on the opposite end of the spectrum as fuel economy.

1. Stock
2. High Idle - 1,100rpm
3. 80hp Daily Driver (how hard is this on my tranny?)
4. 65hp Moderate Tow ????
5. 100hp Performance
6. 140hp Extreme

My truck is a 99 (jan. 6 1999 build date on the motor) f250, 4" exhaust, 89k miles, 4x4, 4r100, 4 exhaust, Airaid intake, AIH delete, HPX, stock injectors, stock turbo, gauges (egt, trans, boost)

Thanks,
Jim

See replies in red.