PDA

View Full Version : Finally saved the $ for my chip but a few questions first!

PowerStrokeCAM
Sun, October 31st, 2010, 12:31 PM
I have a 2000 F250 7.3 and i really want the switch on the fly, but have a problem ..... I sometime run Bio diesel on the truck. Sometimes 100% ,50% or 20% and the rest regular diesel. Is there any way to calibrate the chip to run under these different conditions???.if so what chip is recommended?

epowers777
Tue, November 2nd, 2010, 11:17 AM
I have the fu chip and was told I can run bio. There's another member who does and has no problems. I sure to just don't use race tunes don't quote me on it. I'm in the process of making my own.

PowerStrokeCAM
Tue, November 2nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
I have the fu chip and was told I can run bio. There's another member who does and has no problems. I sure to just don't use race tunes don't quote me on it. I'm in the process of making my own.

Did they ask you what type of oil you were going to use?

Power Hungry
Sat, November 6th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Yes, we can calibrate for different percentages of BioDiesel. The bigger concern is what the oil base you're using for BioDiesel, the specific density of the fuel, and what the clouding point is. Of course, there's nothing we can do to affect the clouding/gel point of the fuel but it's something you'll need to be aware of as we get into the winter months.

The biggest tuning concern for BioDiesel is to make sure that we have enough ICP to properly atomize the fuel at lower RPMs. Under load, it's not much of a problem. We could certainly make you a few different strategies that more tailored for specific quantities of BioDiesel, but I think it will really end up breaking into 2 categories... below 50% and above 50% blend. If you'd like, give me a call during the week and we can discuss what options we have and see if we can find something that will suit you.

Take care.

PowerStrokeCAM
Sat, November 20th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Yes, we can calibrate for different percentages of BioDiesel. The bigger concern is what the oil base you're using for BioDiesel, the specific density of the fuel, and what the clouding point is. Of course, there's nothing we can do to affect the clouding/gel point of the fuel but it's something you'll need to be aware of as we get into the winter months.

The biggest tuning concern for BioDiesel is to make sure that we have enough ICP to properly atomize the fuel at lower RPMs. Under load, it's not much of a problem. We could certainly make you a few different strategies that more tailored for specific quantities of BioDiesel, but I think it will really end up breaking into 2 categories... below 50% and above 50% blend. If you'd like, give me a call during the week and we can discuss what options we have and see if we can find something that will suit you.

Take care.

Sorry for the delay in a response (working).:thumbs up yellow: I just want to say thank you for working around my needs.i give you a call soon. :cheesy smile::cheesy smile: