PDA

View Full Version : ?s on hybrids

flguy1215
Wed, November 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I am a build-on-a-budget kind of guy. That being said, I was looking into the 238cc hybrid injectors for my truck. I like the idea of them being able to be detuned until I have the right upgrades to run them wide open. I am wondering though, with a stock turbo, will these injectors be a waste? Can they be tuned to run with a stock 38? I plan on a 38R in the future, but I am wondering if I should go turbo then injectors, or injectors then turbo? Thanks for your help!!

cleatus12r
Wed, November 17th, 2010, 12:30 PM
You can have the hybrids setup to run just like stock injectors, helping your stock turbo live (and work efficiently) until you can step it up a little on the turbocharger.

flguy1215
Fri, November 19th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Awesome man thanks!! will having them de-tuned to run with a stock turbo still afford me some performance gain? HP/MPG?

cleatus12r
Fri, November 19th, 2010, 01:09 PM
To say that injectors (any brand/capacity/nozzle) will increase MPG is rarely the case. With any diesel engine, it takes a specific amount of fuel to make a specific amount of power. If it takes 60 HP to get the truck to maintain 55 MPH on level ground, then the amount of fuel will be nearly the same regardless of what injector is in the truck. Yes, tuning does play a bit of a role in MPG, but don't be surprised if you get similar mileage out of the hybrids that you do out of your current ADs.

An extra 100-120 HP worth of fuel is about the limit for the stock turbo (longevity wise, anyway) so the power output I personally would recommend out the the 238s would be no more than what your ADs are now capable of.

flguy1215
Fri, November 19th, 2010, 04:08 PM
ok makes sense. Thanks again!