PDA

View Full Version : PHP Tow Tunes vs Bank TransCommand

agreber
Thu, November 18th, 2010, 04:10 AM
I have a 2001 Ford Diesel 7.3 Excursion 4WD with 2007 4R100 HD stock transmission (except for a 6L 26 row cooler, Balwin spin on tran filter,and Shaeffer's 204 Alltrans synthetic fluid). Question: I tow 8,000lb from Ohio to Florida a lot and was thinking of adding either the PHP gryphon programmer with tow tunes OR the Banks TransCommand for protecting my transmission with better gear shift to reduce clutch wear, etc.
What is the recommendation for better Transmission control/protection for towing? The Gryphon with tow tunes or the Banks TransCommand???

All thoughts on the matter much appreciated as I want to purchase and install before my next tow to Florida andback.

ticopowell
Thu, November 18th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I can't say that I have heard of the Transcommand, but I am sure, and would almost guarantee (Bill usually does) that Bills tunes will do what you want them to do, and that they will do it safer and better than any canned tunes. He takes into account how you drive and where you drive to make the best of what you have. Hope this helps, and I am sure others will comment so feel free to correct anything that I may have misunderstood :D. Also the gryphon has a great display that can help you monitor what is going on with your truck!

cj45lc
Thu, November 18th, 2010, 06:39 PM
To me for what you'll pay for the Transcommand would probably better spent on tunes that will give you better economy & longevity for your trans. The Transcommand will just work with the trans & does nothing for the engine. I had the Banks chip & TC on my truck & had no complaints, but with the 6 pos chip I have now I still have a good tow tune plus others :thumbs up yellow:

countryraised
Sat, November 27th, 2010, 11:28 PM
I have talked to people with the trans command and they felt it was a waste of money, they ended up getting tunes from various sources and are much happier. I personally haul a lot from 5k upto 20k and am very happy with bill's tunes.