PDA

View Full Version : MPG have been down??

countryraised
Sat, November 27th, 2010, 11:12 PM
so, I've had my FU chip a couple months now, put a few thousand miles on it, and my mpg's are about 13.3 running mostly the 65hp DD tune, with rare times on the 120race. stock I would consistently get 15.5mpg.
what tunes should I try for better mileage? other reasons it want down?
One thing, right before the chip, like 1 week, I removed the cat. conv. was pretty sooted. that's the only change.

907DAVE
Sun, November 28th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Do you have the 80DD?

Many have reported good mileage using this program.

countryraised
Sun, November 28th, 2010, 01:31 AM
well I have the FU... so I have most of them available to me. I'll load it back up, before my next fill up.
Had the 80dd on it right off the bat, but switched out, every time my wife takes off with the truck gravel flies, so I thought i'd tone it down, it hasn't mattered. that and going into winter don't want to be spinning all the time. What have people seen using the 80tow for normal driving? or the 80 perf?
Also, when I unplug the wastegate I can get the SES light to come on with an over boost code, I thought that was disabled? I also have gotten the HP oil code, and the exhaust pres code.

Bobbys Big Red Rig
Sun, November 28th, 2010, 07:55 AM
so, I've had my FU chip a couple months now, put a few thousand miles on it, and my mpg's are about 13.3 running mostly the 65hp DD tune, with rare times on the 120race. stock I would consistently get 15.5mpg.
what tunes should I try for better mileage? other reasons it want down?
One thing, right before the chip, like 1 week, I removed the cat. conv. was pretty sooted. that's the only change.

I have the Phoenix. My MPG wend from 15.5 to 14. Used the 80DD most of the time. I got a little better out of the 120race being careful not to play. By a little better I mean about .5 MPG. My cat. was taken off before I got the truck. I have stock down pipe and 4" exhaust with flow thru muffler. Also have 6637 cold air intake. All this done before chip was added. I have just come to terms with the fact that I may never see 15.5 or more MPG again. The performance out weighs the loss in my mind. Sure I would like to improve MPG, one reason I checked out this post. But if I don't then I don't. Will be checking your replies just in case there is something else to try. Keep us posted and I will do the same.:fyi:

Corey Cohron RIP
Sun, November 28th, 2010, 10:08 AM
PHP tunes - Powerstroke Nation (http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82074&highlight=php)