PDA

View Full Version : Tires

FuturePharmD
Sat, January 8th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Went to get new shoes for the rig and nitto Terra grapplers are on backorder. I opted for procomp xtreme at's. I love the way these look and ride. If I get close to the 40k they are warranted for these will be the only shoes from here on.

Longshot270
Sun, January 9th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Procomps look cool but if you want to go for a cheaper tire, I've been liking my Cooper Discoverer ATRs. Warrantied to 40K and only cost me $160 each, $180 for a full lifetime replacement warranty that covers everything except knife slashing.

Bob
Sun, January 9th, 2011, 05:39 PM
I have had great luck with toyo M/T's. Got 40k out of them on my F-350 6.0L. But they are not very cheap

ssredrino
Sat, January 15th, 2011, 07:15 AM
i had new Firestone steeltex at's factory size tires load range E with 65lb of air in them (got an alignment done at 5000 miles, helps with the extra air pressure in the front tires, no longer felt like it was turning on its heals ) when i bought the truck, pulled an in closed 36' trailer and got over 80 thousand loaded miles on them with regular rotations every 10000 and still had tread on them to sell them for usable trailer tires, now i have the transforce and they are just as good they are 138 each

i would never go back the prof is in the pudding my mom had to have michilens on here dodge half ton 200 miles out of the box and boom one blew up, the poor little old lady had to fight with the dealer for a replacement and pay for mounting and disposal.

why pay more?:cheesy smile:

FuturePharmD
Mon, January 31st, 2011, 04:41 AM
Yeah I had looked at the cooper atr's and I actually got the procomps for about 5 bucks cheaper then I could have gotten the cooper's.

AussieOiler
Mon, January 31st, 2011, 07:50 AM
Cleatus12r,

So what's the answer mate?
I'm thinking the of something similar at next tyre change.
Is there that much of a jump in dia/rolling distance from 305 70R 16 to 295 75R 16 to effect the Custom Tunes on my FU2 Chip?

Cheers:thumbs up yellow:,
Reg.

cleatus12r
Mon, January 31st, 2011, 11:21 AM
Cleatus12r,

So what's the answer mate?
I'm thinking the of something similar at next tyre change.
Is there that much of a jump in dia/rolling distance from 305 70R 16 to 295 75R 16 to effect the Custom Tunes on my FU2 Chip?

Cheers:thumbs up yellow:,
Reg.

The answer was tuning related for shift points/torque converter clutch apply.

Your tire size change is virtually nothing (10 revolutions per mile difference). No changes necessary! :thumbs up yellow:

AussieOiler
Thu, February 3rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
:cool:Thanks M8,

:thumbs up yellow:

Cheers,
Reg.