PDA

View Full Version : Injector, HPOP, Water Injection, and Custom Tunes

Keith
Sat, January 15th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I have a 2002 F250 7.3L with 140,000 miles. The only 3 mods are a cold air intake, 4 inch exhaust (turbo back), and an edge evolution programmer.

It is time to replace the stock injectors. While I am at it, I am going to upgrade the HPOP, add Water injection (not Meth) to keep the EGT's down, and get some custom tunes.

This is a daily driver truck that will be used for some heavy towing time to time (12,000lbs+).

I am looking at stage 2 160cc single shot injectors and a stage 1 Stealth HPOP (Ford PowerStroke 7.3 Stealth HPOP (http://www.dpppower.com/73-hpop.html)). I am not sure on injector brand or if the Stealth HPOP is the best route to go.

I am new to all this, so I am looking for some advice on how to get this done in a timely manner and where to buy the parts. I want the extra power and towing ability, but dependability and quality are key.

Also, I would like to hear comments on my thought process with the next round of upgrades I have planned. Am I on the right track or should I take a different approach?

epowers777
Sat, January 15th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I got my stage 2 single shots from rosewood diesel I recommend them. Also go to singles. Bill will right up some good tunes ! The guy at rosewood is nice call him ask about the injectors and hpop.

FuturePharmD
Fri, January 21st, 2011, 09:28 AM
I don't do a lot of heavy towing, but I just go through doing stage 1 singles and tunes and man has the truck come alive. Full force diesel is where the injectors come from and you get a little money off buying it all at once. My edge I had before would throw the icp out of range code when I got in it, but unless your pump is gone the single shots should be fine without droping the money on a new hpop. That's just my .02 , but my truck has right at 140k to and I feel like I just got a new truck.

cleatus12r
Fri, January 21st, 2011, 09:00 PM
Stage 1's.

'nuff said.