PDA

View Full Version : Turbo question

FuturePharmD
Wed, February 16th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Ok searched for a bit, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I am experiencing some (cha cha cha) sounds when I put my foot to the wood, I am 99.9% sure it is surge I am seeing. I have looked at both wicked wheel (x wheel) whatever, and a ported housing. The housing is supposed to be 100% fix while the wheel is a possible fix. My question is what should I spend money on and will I need a reburn? Thanks

907DAVE
Thu, February 17th, 2011, 02:12 AM
No re-burn needed.

I would do the WW first. IIRC it is way cheaper then the shroud, and many have had good results when using it.

cj45lc
Thu, February 17th, 2011, 06:11 AM
The W-W cured mine & I liked the look of a $75 price tag versus a $425 for the ported shroud.

Robert6401
Thu, February 17th, 2011, 07:29 AM
WW did not completely cure my surge when towing, it did minimize it some. I dont get any surge at all unloaded, so this may be a fix for you. But I am wishing I hadn't cheaped out with the wheel and just spent the money on the housing.

shorty2tall
Thu, February 17th, 2011, 09:37 AM
I would say if ur not planning on doing much upgrading to the truck and will never upgrade the turbo then get the housing. But if u plan on upgrading it and needing a bigger turbo then wicked wheel. U could also upgrade to the Garrett r38 turbo.