PDA

View Full Version : Question about a new convertor

Lowdown89
Sat, February 26th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Hey guys I searchd but didn't really come up with much, I'm bringing my truck down to bill and brad to have some magic worked on my 01 and the engine is going to be pulled out so I figured with no knowledge of anything ever being replaced in my trans I would add a new convertor I'm not going to be able to afford $1150 for one from Brian With everything else that's being done so I was looking at the Revmax convertors being sold on EBAY, they have what seems to be a pretty nice one for $499 now I did see some people saying they run a 6.0 convertor that's around the same price. I would much rather run something like a 6.0 convertor but can't seem to find someone that sells one that will guarantee me it will bolt right to my 4r100... Now I have seen a few people say that Brian at BTS sells the modded 6.0 convertor but when I asked about options he just told me about the one for $1150 now I'm sure it's a badass piece but I don't think I'm going to be able to afford it. Can anyone give me a link or lead on a decent convertor that's not going to break the bank?

TwinTurbo
Sun, February 27th, 2011, 01:08 PM
check this out - http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/kt-performance-groveland-fl/5766-torque-converters.html

dont know anything about them personally, but for that price with a three year warranty not sure how you can go wrong.

rammertide07
Mon, February 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM
The transmission shop down here (Certified Transmission) charged $600 for a BD torque converter when I had my transmission rebuilt.