PDA

View Full Version : Want a Pheonix with a Edge Evolution monitor

catman2
Sun, March 20th, 2011, 08:04 PM
After reading and studying about chips and tuners I've come a long way and hopefully learned enough now to have narrowed my decision down to a PHP Pheonix. However, there is one feature from back when I was considering a canned tune I like and thats the four PID monitor that comes with the Edge Evolution. Not the CS or CTS but the grey one that has the green screen.

I like the fact I can see not only the EGT, Boost and Trans. temp but also engine oil temp at once. It also matches my grey interior :cheesy smile:
Can I buy that monitor by itself and would it be a good match for a 6 position Pheonix?

Thanks,
C

Tempsho
Mon, March 21st, 2011, 11:59 AM
Yes you can. I will very soon have the exact same setup you are inquiring about! :D (Edge Evolution to monitor the trucks vitals and a 6 posistion chip)

catman2
Mon, March 21st, 2011, 03:34 PM
What exactly is it called, an Evolution Monitor or is the monitor itself what is considered the Edge Evolution? Unlike the CS, CST I can't seem to find a sight where it's sold seperatly and what all does it come with?

Also, I planned on pulling my AIH and replacing it with a plug but I found where I can use a plug that allows a boost gauge like an Isspro to tap into that spot, which is considered the optimum place.
Does the Evolution have a sensor that can tap in there?

Longshot270
Mon, March 21st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Are you talking about the Edge Insight?

EDIT: Looks like they dont carry the monochrome ones anymore. Might find one on Ebay or some other truck forum.

catman2
Mon, March 21st, 2011, 09:58 PM
Are you talking about the Edge Insight?

EDIT: Looks like they dont carry the monochrome ones anymore. Might find one on Ebay or some other truck forum.

I just Googled Edge Insight and yeah, thats the one. Cept' they only have them for Dodge, Duramax and 04' Fords on up. Mine's an 01'.
I guess they're so 2010. Looks like I'll be going with piller gauges.

firemedic5586
Fri, April 8th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I just Googled Edge Insight and yeah, thats the one. Cept' they only have them for Dodge, Duramax and 04' Fords on up. Mine's an 01'.
I guess they're so 2010. Looks like I'll be going with piller gauges.

i'm running Edges Insight CTS in my 02 F350, works awsome with my FU chip...