PDA

View Full Version : water/methanol injection

Bullyt
Sun, March 27th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I have a 2001 f-350 with 7.3 powerstroke. So far the mods I have are Edge evolution tuner, 4" exhaust, ported shroud turbo housing with larger inlet, K & N air filter & box and a 4" lift with 35" tires.

I am currently working on installing a Snow Performance stage 3 MPG max water/meth kit. The guys at snow performance said it should be ok to use with my edge programmer but now I am starting to wonder about cylinder pressures and how methanol will affect things since I know for a fact my truck has PMR's.

I do plan to eventually send my evolution in and have it upgraded to a gryphon so I can have tunes that are written for use with methanol but in the mean time what do you guys think about running methanol with the stock evolution. Should I run it only on the lower levels or manually retard the timing a little? How much? I had planned on running 50/50 water/meth mix do I need to lighten up on the meth a little?

dietoremain
Mon, March 28th, 2011, 01:28 AM
not sure i can answer your question but i've heard/seen alot of turbos and motors therefore dusted by K&N filters..i wouldnt let one near my truck but thats me.. and yeah i wouldnt be running meth on canned tunes either.. get php tunes.

rammertide07
Mon, March 28th, 2011, 08:53 AM
not sure i can answer your question but i've heard/seen alot of turbos and motors therefore dusted by K&N filters..i wouldnt let one near my truck

x2!!!!

OneMeanStroker
Mon, March 28th, 2011, 05:29 PM
x2!!!!
X3. You can do much better for cheaper. You can always do a BHAF for less than $50.

907DAVE
Tue, March 29th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Just dont go crazy with the meth and your will be fine.

I have never shot any meth (just tap water) so I cannot say what is too much, but 50/50 sounds a bit strong.

WOW......just does not sound right.:hehe:

rammertide07
Tue, March 29th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Just say no to drugs:giggle:

OneMeanStroker
Mon, April 4th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Snow Boost juice is 51/49% Water/Methanol. So could be about right.