PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Ford AIS cold air intake

wood4heat
Sun, March 27th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Is this a good option with PHP tunes? I've already got 4" turbo back exhaust and am planning to order a Gryphon CS with 65HP tow, 80hp tow, 80hp DD and 100hp race. Will the AIS intake support these tunes or will I need something more aggressive?

I want something that filters at least as good as stock and that won't drive me nuts with drone while towing.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

dietoremain
Mon, March 28th, 2011, 01:22 AM
i love my diy intake and it was way cheap...lol aka cost of filter and pvc and a clamp... but its definitely loud. the ford ais is very well liked and good for alotta power from what i've heard. if you have the $ go for it.

cj45lc
Mon, March 28th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Is this a good option with PHP tunes? I've already got 4" turbo back exhaust and am planning to order a Gryphon CS with 65HP tow, 80hp tow, 80hp DD and 100hp race. Will the AIS intake support these tunes or will I need something more aggressive?

I want something that filters at least as good as stock and that won't drive me nuts with drone while towing.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

I like the AIS & tascaparts.com had the best price, less than $200 last year when I bought mine. I too was a little worried after hearing some folks moving the filter minder when getting on it in the higher HP tunes so I put the fender sleeve on when I installed it. I haven't been able to make the filt-minder move in the 120r tune so I'll say everything is good. The 6637 is a cheaper way to go but I like the factory look of the AIS & if anything it's quieter than the stock box. You will hear the 6637 but it is less $$

wood4heat
Mon, March 28th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Yours is quieter than stock even with the fender sleeve?

Have you had any issues with water or anything coming in through there?

Does Bill ever look through this forum? I was really interested in his opinion since he'll be writing the tunes but I don't want to bother him on the phone.

907DAVE
Tue, March 29th, 2011, 11:38 AM
AIS is the shiz. Not the cheapest or the highest flowing option, but probably the best filter you can put on her.

For a stock injector'ed/ turbo truck it will be fine, start pushing things and it wont be enough.

cj45lc
Tue, March 29th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Yours is quieter than stock even with the fender sleeve?

Have you had any issues with water or anything coming in through there?

Does Bill ever look through this forum? I was really interested in his opinion since he'll be writing the tunes but I don't want to bother him on the phone.

I've had it on there for about a year now with no problems period & yes it's quieter even with the sleeve:thumbs up yellow:

yamtodd
Thu, March 31st, 2011, 08:47 PM
i also have the AIS love it for better filtration and quite and with edge's tunes it will not pull the filter minder. Still waitting on my custom tunes from Bill.

powdajohn
Wed, April 13th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Will look forward so keep posting on cold air intakes for sale (http://www.airintakeandfilter.com/)