PDA

View Full Version : question for ya Bill

TurboDave
Mon, March 2nd, 2009, 10:00 PM
Not sure if this is possible but after talking to you today, I had one of those edison moments ... lol. (burned out lightbulb tries to flash):crazy:
Anyway would it be possible to make a chip setting that basically enables the ebv valve, locks the tc, and drops the truck one gear above a set speed for use as a exhaust brake?
I didn't know if the settings are even possible within the software but thought it would be a really nice thing to have towing:yesnod:

Power Hungry
Tue, March 3rd, 2009, 07:41 AM
Yes, it's possible. Using the right base strategy, we can use the EBV as an exhaust brake. We've done it on other strategies with reasonable success.

secondarychaos
Tue, March 3rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Not to Hijack too much, but I've heard some concern for the life of the coast clutch when using any form of backpressure brake on an E4/4R... any opinions on this?

Power Hungry
Tue, March 3rd, 2009, 11:39 PM
It's my understanding that on a E40D things are little bit weaker than the 4R100 and I wouldn't generally use either to try and hold back a 15K trailer, but for small loads (2K-4K) it should be fine. The Coast Clutch is the smallest clutch pack in the transmission and can't handle too much abuse, at least how I understand it.